Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 Inventory in Altiris Notification Server 6

Operating Systems

Old 01-06-2011

Windows 7 Inventory in Altiris Notification Server 6

Windows 7 32 as well as 64 bit computers are not reporting serial number within inventory still following complete inventories are run. I assumed I read someplace that this may perhaps come about, except can't come across it. I am currently running Altiris Notification Server ActiveX 6.0.6074 (SP3+R13). Anybody perceive this occurrence?

Old 01-06-2011

Re: Windows 7 Inventory in Altiris Notification Server 6

You must be operating Inventory Solution 6.1.2004, together with the core Altiris Agent 6.0.2416. I notice you encompass the R13 rollup installed, except I don't perceive state of the Inventory Solution edition. Thinking you're utilizing the default set up and contain 6.1.2004 installed (you can make sure inside Solution Center) you will almost certainly would like to take away the 16bit serial number gathering technique. To accomplish accordingly change the AeXInvSolnAdm1.ini file and put back the AeXSNPlus line through the following:
Code:
aexsnplus.exe /NoSNData16 /output xml
Save it and the next moment the inventory runs you must observe the Serial Number information reporting over again.
Old 01-06-2011

In my case the The Altiris NS Agent 6.0.2399 - Installed fine, and has been steady on together 64-bit plus 32-bit installations. We have roughly 300 32-bit Windows 7 clients operating this edition of the agent. Remember that Windows 7 computers will, at the moment of this script, require to be divided into their individual gathering and allocated the policies compulsory for inventory as well as agent updating.
Old 01-06-2011

We are at rest utilizing NS6 R13. We are opening to changeover toward Windows 7 and we are utilizing SCCM to administer the Windows 7 machines. On the other hand, we at rest employ Altiris Recovery, therefore we need that Altiris Agent be installed intended for Recovery to work. You have to alter the defaulting sub agent install policies in order to point toward the cloned gatherings. Verify the Polices part within Resource Explorer used for a Windows 7 system to locate the Sub Agent install policies.
Old 01-06-2011

If you are on Apple side then it might be helpful. An update that offers support in favor of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) as well as 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through the Notification Server 6.2 Agent designed for Macintosh is currently obtainable. This update enables 10.5 along with 10.6 clients to be administered via an NS and meant for recovery of Basic Inventory from these patrons. This barely updates the agent. The resolutions, specifically, Inventory plus Software Delivery, do not hold up Snow Leopard.
Old 02-06-2011

As far as I know that the standalone package is not capable to collect inventory if User Access Control (UAC) is allowed on top of Windows 7 otherwise Windows Vista SP2. If UAC is allowed concerning Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2 otherwise Windows 2008 OSs, the standalone enclose does not assemble whichever inventory. The only work around for this issue is choose ?Run as Administrator? rights intended for the standalone package to lope while UAC is enabled on Windows 7 otherwise Vista SP2.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,