Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 Mysteriously Created an "Administrator" Account

Operating Systems

Old 01-06-2011

Windows 7 Mysteriously Created an "Administrator" Account

Hi I have a desktop at my place and I am running windows 7 home edition from very long time in it, and everything was running fine with no problem, but since last week I am getting two option while starting the windows, instead of going directly to the desktop. The windows 7 has manually created a inexplicably a new administrator account, and whenever I login through account which is the original administrator, and if I try to perform something, it didn?t allow me to do anything. Now I am in big trouble that, how would I delete that account?

Old 01-06-2011

Re: Windows 7 Mysteriously Created an "Administrator" Account

This is really very unexpected, because it doesn?t happens ever with me in fact, I am also using the windows 7 from last 3 years. Do you have any other user accessing the same computer? Because it might be possible that the person had made this account and changed the type of your user, I mean to say that you are not having he account, with administrative rights, and thus you?re not able to perform any such operation, thus I would recommend you that first of all make sure that no one has created this, and if it is, you can talk to him directly.
Old 01-06-2011

See, I would like to give you the solution to these, in fact these is the problem I have seen for the first time, but still don?t worry about that, I would suggest you that first of all create a new admin account, thus you?ll get all the rights to do everything with that machine, and after that, login through that account and open the computer management utility and in that on left side you?ll get the option called local users and groups, so as you clicked on that you?ll find all the name of the user for your computer, so delete all the name expect the one you have created recently.
Old 01-06-2011

It seems like the account you?re having is been corrupted and Windows has created a new for you, thus what the problem in using that, yeah I know it is very hectic that we have to make all those changes to the settings, but still I would recommend you that logon through the account which you have got by the windows itself, and then navigate to the given directory C:\Users\administator and look in the folders, can you see the files for your account, if it is not there, then you to use this account only, otherwise you can make one more account and delete the one which is created by the windows.
Old 02-06-2011

Hey don?t be panic brother, as you can simple recover all those files which is been corrupted, and thus you don?t have to make the new account, but at least for the first time you have to create the new profile and then, copy all the user files from there and paste it to the folder of the new account, but remember one thing, copy all the files except this three files, named Ntuser.dat, Ntuser.dat.log, Ntuser.ini, and reboot your computer. Thus after that whenever you just login with the new account all the settings will be the same such as your desktop settings , sound setting etc.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,