Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Task Host Window message at shutdown in Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 01-06-2011

Task Host Window message at shutdown in Windows 7

I have a Windows 7 32bit system. I am constantly getting this error when I am trying to turn off my pc. I got this message on the screen and shutdown is delayed. Sometime the system does not turn off. I have to click on Force close. What does Task Host do. Can I uninstall it from the pc. I tried to find the same in Control Panel, but cannot find any program with this name. Can anyone help.

Old 01-06-2011

I am giving you a link below. Click on that and download a hotfix. This hotfix will resolve the issue. Even if you install Windows 7 SP1 this would be enough to resolve the problem you are facing. The hotfix is available for free download. Just install the same and test back. If this does not resolve the issue then you have to ahead with system restore. This is another easy way to resolve a set of various things.

Microsoft Hotfix for Task host window
Old 03-06-2011

I am going to recommend you a tiny tool that can solve this issue. I had provided the download in the attachment. You can download and run regcleaner. This is a tiny tool that will run a standard cleaning option on your system and will fix various issue. If you are not satisfied with this then you can go ahead with advance tool also. There are some good registry cleaners available which you can try.
Attached Files
File Type: rar regcleaner.rar (3.20 MB, 18 views)

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,