Thread: Best Linux distribution for web developers

Best Linux distribution for web developers

I'm presently into the process of utilizing a Mac, since my major system is back house, ( which is a Windows machine) and I would like dig up into using unix/Linux (linux by the use of vmware fusion) as a result I can turn out to be further tech knowledge, through utilizing Linux complicated commands and further sophisticated coding and what not. Now can anyone tell me which is the best and finest Linux distribution for Web developers or development? AS I am a web programmer I need to know about it. That’s why I asked.

Re: Best Linux distribution for web developers

The differences between the distributions come with the addition of another software installation and management, technical support. It is difficult to evaluate this value and determine which distribution may be considered better than another because each has a number of characteristics that distinguish it. If you need to run a web server or run a wired connection, the best choice is Debian, well cared for in terms of its security and easy to upgrade the network with a few simple commands. It is a popular distribution

So if you're new to the Linux area, I can put your heart into Ubuntu. It is easy to install, and very beginner friendly. With "apt-get install" you can you quickly install everything you need for Web development. SVN jedit, (I use) eclipse, apache, mysql, etc... I like to work with, although I would not install on a server. If a server I would use Debian, because the past has shown that for security holes and the like, Ubuntu is much slower.

Many companies will unfortunately continue to Windows. I personally use Fedora. 9 At home, in the office 8. Personally I find CentOS interesting, both on the server and on the desktop (although the latter currently Fedora is the system of my choice), because, as an enterprise OS, a longer lifetime than Fedora. Disadvantage, however, as in Debian, that the software is not necessarily as current as is the case with Fedora or Ubuntu. But the software for that is better tested than with Bleeding-Edge distributions.

It should be said that you can use as a development environment, basically any Linux, and the choice in this case probably should mainly depend on your experience in dealing with Linux. If you are new to Linux then take Fedora, Ubuntu or OpenSuse (I'm really grad recommended Suse?), Including CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise should be harder to use than these three. Especially as Fedora, CentOS and Red Hat are no different in size, the transition is from one to the other's system not so difficult. It should be mentioned that even Red Hat Enterprise is a charge, as is of course also Suse Enterprise, which is different again not great from OpenSuse. But if you already feel comfortable with Linux you can also quite Debian, Slackware or use or even to EasyLFS.

Linux completely almost always less than half ago. Naturally, with the advantages and disadvantages come: editor for php is better than PHPed never found, zend has cool pieces, but their total weight is less than what I lost after PHPed (vorkspeysy with fast switching between projects, find and replace in files ... and some more stuff). However, in an objective and systematic study of alternatives that work under Linux can learn the same way

As far as I can see that also in the field of web development, because there many like to fall back containing tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash. If you have Flash it not much of a choice, as it for Linux so far no practical implementation is to create Flash itself, the conversion of video files (eg created with Blender animation) apart. Otherwise you can use but basically any Linux, but now they are all relatively similar, and all major distributions to install, especially end-user distributions like Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, easy and simple to use are.