Thread: 'emerge syslog-ng' compilation error on Gentoo Handbook

'emerge syslog-ng' compilation error on Gentoo Handbook

Recently I have got Gentoo handbook in my hand. The objective of the Gentoo Handbook is to make a logical document that explains each potential feature of Gentoo Linux. It unites previously obtainable guides in single reliable book in order that the identical document is utilized for each probable structural design, each install, and every user. Consequently I'm up to 9a of the gentoo handbook, except I have run into a different trouble: while I 'emerge syslog-ng', I obtain long list of compiling error and I don’t know what is that and why it was happened. Does anybody familiar with this kind of error?

Re: 'emerge syslog-ng' compilation error on Gentoo Handbook

Are you utilizing SystemRescueCD to accomplish this construct? If so, I've observed several problems which will influence the construct of glib (I establish it in an accessible gentoo bug - that is not a gentoo bug in any way!) If utilizing systemrescuecd, one time you've chrooted, type the following precisely:
    Code:
    export path=
    and hit enter. Not anything following the equals sign. Carry out that, afterward attempt to emerge glib as well as syslog-ng

You must not at all emerge exterior of the chroot while doing the installation. Doing thus makes no everlasting modifications to your gentoo installation - it merely eats up room lying on the livecd/liveusb's "disk", which is actually simply the RAM. If you emerge outer surface of chroot, it'll encompass no consequence on your actual gentoo install - barely on the livecd/liveusb, and since this is RAM modifications will be missing while you reboot. As much as the rc-update control worsening, which is anticipated; in turn for the syslog-ng init script to subsist, the construct has to be unbeaten - your make unsuccessful, thus the init script was not at all moved toward its suitable position.

I believe the problem is coming concerning for the reason that you are running ~arch. It appears like you have been just about here for a moment, therefore I'll imagine that you recognize your way about gentoo and problems that can occur operational "unstable". My most excellent recommendation (in addition switching toward stable) is to run a complete `emerge -DupN world` prior to emerging syslog-ng over again. It seems like there may be an discrepancy within your assemble environment.

In order to compile syslog-ng Open Source Edition (OSE) from the source code, go to the below steps.
    • Download the most modern edition of syslog-ng OSE
    • Download the newest edition of the EventLog library
    • Install the below packages that are necessary in order to compile syslog-ng. These packages are obtainable for the majority UNIX/Linux systems. Otherwise, you can as well download the sources plus compile them.

• gcc C compiler
    • GNU flex lexical analyser generator
    • bison parser generator
    • glib library (development files)

Having the similar trouble whilst booting from install-amd64-minimal-20110421.iso and demanding to install. I have made more than a few gentoo installs prior to except not at all experienced such error. I furthermore assumed it was my mistaker at initial and started from opening without any luck. It's not simply syslog-ng, still bootstraping from stage 1 is not possible. I can't still emerge the bootloader to establish the system and concluding it afterward. It's simply my Virtual Machine test install which obtains reinstalled regularly as i frequently mess it up for the period of a few experimenting.

Truthfully, for simply the support install, I would state you can give up essentially building each and every one of those packages, and just carry on gladly. Just seems like a group of things receiving rebuilt otherwise X packages installed since of your USE flags holding X along with ldap. You don't require openldap to obtain your support system up and working, and almost certainly would like to undertake that afterward while it's the barely thing. On the identical token, almost certainly would like to corroborate your system will boot, and is regularly ready, prior to you get the time receiving each and every one of that X gibberish built.