Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how to unhide the sub folder in windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 01-06-2011

how to unhide the sub folder in windows 7

I use a laptop. I used to in this laptop windows XP. But before 2 week ago I have installed windows 7. But I am fully familiar with windows 7. When I go into the windows 7 library and then I go inside the one of the libraries then I get all the different location then I put in every one the sub folder under it. But this is always hides the sub folders when I open them. Then I want to know how to unhide the sub folder in windows 7.

Old 01-06-2011

Re: how to unhide the sub folder in windows 7

I would like to tell you that how to unhide the sub folder in windows 7. I am telling you some steps with the help of these steps you will be able to unhide the sub folder in windows 7. You can see the steps below:
  1. First of all you will click start button
  2. Then you will go into the control panel
  3. You will go into changing setting
  4. After that you will click on Appearance and Personalization
  5. Then you will go into the tab View
  6. Then after you will mark ?Hidden files and folders: Show all files and folders?
  7. And then you will unmark ?Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)?
  8. And finally you will click ?Apply? and then after ?OK?
Old 01-06-2011

I read your post then I understood how to see the hidden folder files however; it appears that a virus (I assume) made my folders on my external hard drive hidden folder files. I need to create them unhidden. When I press on the folder and then go to properties, it does not permit you to unmark the hidden combo box. After that you will see the hidden file. But you can if you will do self. And also you can see the steps in the above post. I think windows 7 and XP has different functionality.
Old 01-06-2011

I have done this problem before your asking. This is very common things. First of all you will open the document library. Then you will the some folder. But if you want to see the sub folder then you will go into the tools in your windows tools. Then you will go into folder option then you will go into view then after you will tick on the show and hidden file. Then after you will see to the sub folder in it. I think it is very simple and you can do. If you didn?t get the procedure then you can post again. Then I?ll try to give another option.
Old 01-06-2011

I want to tell about this problem you will right click the folder or file and then you will unmark hidden option. If you have a lot of files and folders chosen occasionally hidden will be grayed out, this is because you have a file chosen that has to be hidden, and then you should try choosing a smaller number of files. I think it will give some help for removing your doubts. So I want you should follow the steps. I am sure you will unhide the sub folder. I have told you my experience on this problem
Old 01-06-2011

Well, I have another option for this. But here first post is very effective answer on this problem. Bye the way I am suggesting some steps regarding this problem. First of you will go into the control panel. And then after you will press control panel drop arrow in the top taskbar. After that you will press for show all options and then after you will click on the folder options. This is not very tough stuff but people doesn?t know that how to display all options.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,