Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

After downloading windows vista keeps freezing?

Operating Systems

Old 31-05-2011

After downloading windows vista keeps freezing?

Hello friends I have some problem occurring in my mind that after downloading my windows vista keeps freezing? What should I do to that I am suggesting you in detail that When I download something, it downloads to 100% that is not the problem, but when I click the download after its finished to run the installer, Firefox or chrome does not give any response and the installer never begins. Does anyone know what?s problem is going on with my operating system?

Old 31-05-2011

Re: After downloading windows vista keeps freezing?

I just only want to recommend you that go into Microsoft configuration and just type it in start search disable start up items and non Microsoft services. The reason I am telling to disable the start menu is that, this is a suggestion because it freezes in normal mode not safe mode and the difference in safe mode to normal is start up items, services, and none plug and play drivers. That is why you should disable the start menu.
Old 31-05-2011

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that if you try to run a file for the first time after downloading it, Windows Vista will ask you whether the file you have downloaded is safe or not. This is to prevent viruses and other unwanted malware on your computer from infecting your Personal Computer by running themselves without you ever opening them. To get pass of this, Vista brings up a dialog box that asks you whether you want to run the file or not, and if you want Vista to always ask you the same question if you open that specific file. I hope that you have understand it.
Old 31-05-2011

I would like to say you that sometimes Firefox and Chrome take a while to link to that specific part of Windows if you run the download directly from within the browser. One solution would be to just wait tolerantly... sometimes it takes a long time for the dialog box to open up. If that doesn't work, try running the file directly from wherever you downloaded it from (by default, it will be under the Downloads folder).
Old 31-05-2011

I would like to suggest you that Vista is great. It?s just that when you get it, for some reason it isn't set-up right. In this case you should do a factory restore [not system restore].It works great after you have done factory restore, and quickly too. The screen resolution turns amazing. And there are patches for the minor glitches now. Windows update will install them after you have done factory restore. Vista is much better than XP
Old 31-05-2011

Hey buddy hi while I was surfing on the internet I saw the question and the suggestion given to you the questions are quite systematic and I also have the same problem that you are suffering from but now my problem has been solved I think that you should also do one thing that is you should upgrade your computer to XP. Because XP is the best operating system than Vista. I hope that you like my suggestion.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,