Thread: how how to install Windows 7 OEM for System Builders

how how to install Windows 7 OEM for System Builders

Hey friends, I have just got a new Windows 7 OEM ( original equipment manufacturer ) with my new computer that I purchased. I got the windows & cd from system builder’s pack. But when ever I try to install it on my hard-drive it says me that “if a individual software license is for an application software or for and desktop operating system then it must also be pre-installed on the hard-drive of the fully configured system using the OEM pre-installation (OPK)” so here goes my question has anyone mount OEM with OPK?

Re: how how to install Windows 7 OEM for System Builders

There is no need to worry about the message that your are getting when your try to boot the OEM cd in a computer other than for which the CD was actually specified . I think it just means that you need to install it on the same disk on which it was installed before. So just relax, and don ‘t ever try to over –cross the software giant s you may seem that you are wining the race . but the hard fact is that they have not reached on such great height by just people out fitting them .

I am guessing that the error messaged is showed to you because you don‘t have an operating system pre-installed on it . As you have a fresh hard-disk you may need to install an operating system on it as Windows & needs an helping hand ( other previously booted Operating system on it ) on it , where as Windows XP and windows Vista did not need that . So I suggest you to first install any windows operating system and then try with the OEM CD.

So , I guess you are putting your new hard-drive on it , I mean the new computer that you have built . Then as the above user said you need to install a OS before installing window 7 . But there is an another way by which you could do this . This is by getting started with windows 7 disk in as the first step and then load it and install it following the instruction that come on the screen . After the installation is complete you can put the next disk in .

I suggest you to contact Microsoft for the correct and accurate answer I think the OPK software are only available for software giants and not normal users . I had an similar experience I when I got the OPK cd I had difficulties in installing OEM version of Windows 7 . So, I downloaded the latest software support for OPK from Microsoft by registering online and then configured it and voila it worked just fine. Without any issues.