Thread: Windows display the folder as empty, even then the data is present

Windows display the folder as empty, even then the data is present

Hi, I was using the antivirus called AVG, thus, it has removed all my viruses possibly, but after a scan when I reboot my computer, I didn’t get some of the directories and the folders presented in that folder. Whenever I clicked on the folder it shows empty, however actually they Aren’t. whenever I clicked on the folder to see its properties it calculates the folder as 09.7 GB. I am not really getting whats the problem is, but the thing is like the files are in that folder is too important, how can I see those files, or may be recover those files?

re: Windows display the folder as empty, even then the data is present

Yeah, this is happens after a scanning, in fact I was having the same problem with me, it is because whenever we scan a particular directory, and as it detect the viruses, The AV either repairs it, or if it is not possible than it moves those files to the particular assigned folder. So I hope the problem would be this only, I would suggest you to ensure that the files are present or not, or they are already deleted.

I would like to suggest you that don’t use such a antivirus, because they sometimes move the files which is just associated with infected files, and move then to quarantine. Rather I would say, delete those files. But as you’re not able to see those files, I would say open it through the Explorer, which you will find when you right click on the folder, and then, click on explore, it will open a panel on the left side, I hope this would display the folders that you are unable to.

Hey, I would say, have you ever try to hide those folders? Because of that also, it might happen that it would not show you the folders. Thus my recommendation is to first open the folder option, and as the windows appear click on the view tab among whatever you find, and in that select the option called ‘Show hidden files and folders’. As soon as you done this, I am sure if the problem would be this only, you’ll be able to see those folders again.

I would like to recommend you that you should first scan your whole computer with the antivirus software, not by what you have, but apart from that use any such antivirus, I would say you can use AVIRA also, it would simply delete all the infected files, and other files would display properly. And this is best one, otherwise you can use another tools also if you are aware of different tools. Or you can use the command prompt for correction of those files, but you to rum those command as a administrator, write it exactly after the drive name, ‘sfc/ scannow’ this utility will recover all those files.

This is the basic problem I through which I am always suffer, but as we don’t have any option to protect our computer from the viruses, we have to use the antivirus software, and I’d say they are just ridiculous. But still forget it, I would like to suggest you that open those files from the command prompt, I am not sure that the files you’ll really get, but I use the same technique to find such a files which is not displayed by the windows itself.

Re: Windows display the folder as empty, even then the data is present

As you have mentioned that the files are too important, I would say, you should first make sure that the files are presented in the computer, you can check this by command prompt also, there you have to use the keyword ‘dir’ after the folder name, and it will shown all the files present in that folder, and then you can easily move that file to another drive. But If suppose you didn’t get those files, you should use any recovery tools to get those files back, or else you can have the option for system restore.