Thread: Total Linux N00B, Help

Total Linux N00B, Help

Hello, I read some articles and then I decided to install the Linux on the system. I had currently work on the Microsoft windows 7 operating. I want to install the Linux OS on the system, but I need real people opinion to handle this Linux. I am a total N00Bster when I install Linux. I only know that it is the UNIX operating system. I need some experience over this OS. So, please give me some good opinion about this Linux OS. Any type of help will be appreciated.

Re: Total Linux N00B, Help

The main applications of the Linux are to be the Terminal. This is the application that helps to execute each and every command of the Linux. This will be help to just execute similar to the DOS prompt. Then use this terminal and execute the command of the Linux. If you haven’t known the syntax of the command then uses the help options to find out the correct syntax. This will be helps to understand the syntax and its descriptions.

Debian is the best way to understand the concepts of the Linux operating system. This OS has to be provides the facility which is similar to the Linux and hence you need to install this Debian OS. This OS is to be the free distribution of the GNU/Linux operating system. The other Fedora OS is also the one of the optional OS of understanding the related concept of the Linux. Then I suggest you to just use one of the OS between this two. It helps you for the understanding the Linux concept.

I am also the one of the Linux noob and I try to install the alternative Red hat Linux on the system. I haven’t able to do this because the red hat isn't free. Then I purchase the copy of the Red hat and the guide book of this OS is also come with the copy. Then I use this book and it helps to understand the concepts of the Red hat OS. This Red hat is almost similar to the Linux OS and I suggest you to install this OS on your system.

If the user doesn’t know about any knowledge of the Linux then they need to first work on the Ubuntu or LinuxMint. This is the one of the type of the Linux OS and it provides the drag and drop type of facility. This facility is provided by the windows based OS such as win 7. You should try this OS first and I think you definitely feel about the Linux. Then I think you need to install the Ubuntu or linuxMint OS. This is to be specially designed for the new user.

I suggest you to join the Linux forum. In that there will be many concept specially posted for the new user of the Linux. This will also gives the number of task how to perform in the system. You can also take the help of the some Linux books. This will be help to improve the knowledge about Linux. Then you need to use the latest books of the Linux. There are so many books present in the market. That helps to build the knowledge.

In Red hat you can work as support. This red hat is to be similar to the Linux and the other OS is also similar to the Linux such as fedora, ubuntu etc. but there is something minor difference between this OS and the Linux. Then the choice is yours. You have to decide that which is suitable for you. Just choose one of the suitable OS and then install this OS on the system. After that day by day you get the experience of this OS.