Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help trying to change bios

Operating Systems

Old 29-05-2011

cool Need help trying to change bios

I have a gateway computer with windows XP 3.

I have tried everything to try and get into the bios to change the boot up sequence and I am unable to do so. I hit F2 when the machine was booting up and got the following message:

Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device, Insert Boot Media in Selected
Boot Device.

What does the above mean???

I have tried hitting escape, F12, F7, and Control alt escape and even the escape key and the delete key.

I have had no luck in getting into the bios with the above being done.

I have Promise Tech Inc. 1999-2000 bios.

Does anyone have suggestions on what should I do to get into the bios. Do I need some kind of boot disk. If I do, how do I make a boot disk?

When I put the Microsoft Windows disk into the D: and the other drive for the CD, the machine does not recognize the disk.

Thanks for any help.

Old 29-05-2011

Re: Need help trying to change bios

Most probably the default key to get into the BIOS is DEL key. Before trying any troubleshoot, just to ensure, reboot your system and keep tapping "Del". See if you get something. On some IDE cables, the specific order of the HDD on which connector of the cable is important. Try swaping it around. Anyways, i found an article related to the error you mentioned above. you should check it out. Hope you get some help from it: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,