Thread: The boot is not accessible message on my system

The boot is not accessible message on my system

This is way I have with me. I have two discs with me in which one is 500Gb Sata II and there is an 50GB partition in that with Windows Seven. There is second IDE disk which is 160 GB and in that there in an 15Gb partition for Ubuntu 9.04. Now this is a dual boot system and it works properly till yesterday. But I was unpleasantly surprised, because it directly loaded Ubuntu without boot options, and when I tried to access the partition assigned to Windows 7 completely disappeared, was inaccessible. I tried a recovery fixboot, fixmbr, chkdsk / r, and all commands from Windows startup repair but all gave me error, and they said that there was no operating system. There is a kind of not able to access boot drive error at the start and things went down mostly. How to fix this.

Re: The boot is not accessible message on my system

The issue is due to the missing boot file. This boot file is reasonable to manage the number of operating systems. Now due to this you do not get option to choose the OS to start the pc and for that you can use Super Grub Disk CD. This is an kind of live cd which shows the number of operating system on your hard drive. You have to repair your boot file for the same. What you have to do is install GRUB to the MBR of the disk to start first, and edit the menu.lst which is the config file for ubuntu. Then add the entry for windows and then try back.

First you must check the configuration jumper of your IDE drive. See that it is to be recognized as primary channel, leaving others as secondary IDE for the same channel. If the disc is used an an secondary that is highly possible that is not seen in the bios or not found at the time of boot. If you are disconnected during the installation of Ubuntu and then edit the Startup manager. You will need to fix your startup for the same.

The last option for the same is re-install all your operating system back again. The most commonly recommended for this error boot device inaccessible is to format the hard drive and run a new reinstall the operating system. But there is away to boot in windows. For that you will need bootable windows disc. Insert the same and boot from it. Go to startup repair and fix the mbr. Run fixmbr command and then reboot. Format the Linux partition from Device Manager.