Thread: Unable to access images on Windows 7

Unable to access images on Windows 7

Well I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I was having a backup on the external hard drive. well I have noticed that I was unable view or transfer the file to the laptop of mine as it was detected as different account. Let me know if you are having any step by step instruction to get the requirement of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to access images on Windows 7

If the folder is protected against yourself then I let you know that you will not be able to change the permission even if you are the administrator of the computer. the only thing which I can tell you that is you have to sign into the admin account of the computer of yours and simply take the ownership of the files which you are having the issue. Once you have done the same I am sure that you will change the permissions to allow the access of the desire files on the computer of yours.

I think you are little confused about the thing which you have mentioned over here. Well you will not be able to change the protection to if the access control list is not permitting if you have login to the admin account of the computer. however you will be able to modify the name of the owner. Once you have changed the owner of the admin account you will be able to change the protection to the file of the computer. So you should consider the point which you have mentioned over here.

I let me know whether the you are having any kind of encrypted file or something? If your answer is yes then I let you know that you will not be able to recover the file until and unless you are not having the valid certificate. Even though the files are having valid permission. So it is mandatory to have an certificate to make thing working. So you should consider the thing if you are supposed to use encrypted file in nearby future.

I am suggesting following thing which you should try and see whether it is helpful to you or not.
    • You have to right click on the file and simply go for the Properties.
    • Into Properties window you have to click on the Security.
    • Now you have to click on the Group or User names and you have to click on the name of yours and see the permission which you are having.

Looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here I am suspecting that the problem which you are getting is happening due to virus issue. I am suggesting that you should simply install the Malwarebytes on the computer of yours. you can get the same from the official website. you should download and installed the same on the computer and perform a virus scan after updating with latest database signature. Once the scanning is completed you should restart the computer.