Thread: Upgrade To Lucid 10.04

Upgrade To Lucid 10.04

Has anyone made the switch to Lucid up till now? I just ran Update Manager and later than it was done a button emerged in UM inviting me to upgrade to 10.04. Has anyone done it up till now and did you have any troubles with Lucid? I not at all upgraded Ubuntu earlier than (Karmic was my first taste) so I am type of unsure. It won't muddle with my configurations and customizations will it? I am frightened of breaking something.

Re: Upgrade To Lucid 10.04

I made the control on my Netbook and on a laptop for somebody else. I didn't have any grave troubles apart from on the laptop running normal Ubuntu. It hung on memtest86+. In sort to skip it I pushed Ctrl+C. I think which is because of Wubi though, so you shouldn't have a trouble. As all the time, make a backup. As well, have a CD on hand if the installation goes skewed so you can get back up and running in a flash. I have to say that I take pleasure in 10.04, and the refined feel. The new backgrounds are good too. Is there anything else?

I installed 10.04 and I'm sorry. The first thing it did was destroy Firefox. FF will not work at all now, just hang half a second after clicking on it. Nothing we tried to fix it. I've been around the Ubuntu support site and find nothing. Forget to ask a question, 91% of them never replied. The place has no value. I cannot understand that the whistle was thought it was a great idea to put navigation buttons on the screen in the left corner of the window, but has to be the biggest change design, marketing-wise.

Never update. Install clean. I recommend this for every operating system out there, from Windows to Linux. I run several versions of Ubuntu and 10.04 is really the best I have utilized up to now. When you say "clean install" I suppose you mean download the ISO file, burn to disc and run on reboot. Right? I did and classes start screen with white text appeared on the screen then turned purple with some simple drawings on the bottom and then the screen went black. And stayed that way. The monitor even went to sleep.

Sounds to me like a disk trouble. Here I had a same trouble burning Lucid Lynx a short time back and, well, unnecessary to say I not at all got it installed and I had a good coaster. But the similar ISO image was utilized to install 10.04 onto a virtual machine, foremost me to suppose it didn't burn right for one reason or another. And yes, clean install= blank partition, new OS. While I am thinking about it I meant 10.10 is the finest I have utilized so far.