Thread: Unable to install ubuntu 11.04

Unable to install ubuntu 11.04

As the title suggesting itself what I wanted to ask over here. Well I am looking to install Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. but I it seems to be failing each and every time. I have searched on the Google to get a clue why the thing is not working. So I have come to this forum to get the help from the users of this particular forum. Let me know why I am unable to install Ubuntu 11.04 on the computer of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to install ubuntu 11.04

It is impossible to figure out the root cause without knowing about the computer of yours. so tell me about the entire hardware configuration of the computer of yours? have you ever installed any previous version of the Linux on the computer? What happens exactly when you are trying to install the Linux do you getting any error message on the computer? So answer the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can tell you about the possible solution to fix the matter.

I am suggesting following thing which you should try and see whether it is working or not.
    • You should boot form the CD or DVD and then you should press Esc from the keyboard.
    • It would prompt with main menu and you have to press F6 and you have to select the nomodeset and then go for the main menu again.
    • You have to enter fb=false video=vgaoff and try to install the OS.

I am hoping that it would be helpful to fix the matter of yours.

Let me know whether you have overwritten the MBR of the system while installing the ubuntu on the computer? or it was an fruitless attempt of installing the operating system on the computer? if you are having the isseu which I have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should simply use the EasyBCD. You can get the same from the official website. so you should use the same and let me know about the result.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. however I have managed to fix the problem while installing the ubuntu. Well I have disabled the PCI-E video card and used the built in video card. after doing the same I have installed the OS on the system. Also you should try with other CD or DVD of the OS which you can carry from the friend of yours and see whether it is working or not.

Looking at the situation I am suspecting that there is a serious bug issue with the operating system. Well I am suggesting that you should simply contact the developer of the OS and file a bug report to them. Till the developer fixes the bug and releases the patch you can use the previous version of the OS on the system of yours. Well I am hoping that the developer of the OS would fix the bug and release the relevant patch after fixing the bug.