Thread: Can a bootable clone drive for OS/System drive be created?

Can a bootable clone drive for OS/System drive be created?

I want to make a bootable backup drive that incrementally backup my OS / system drive and disk failure can be instantly started back to the last system save. I have looked in several cloning programs, and am a little confused as to what does what. I have been told that the copy of the MBR is important to create a bootable clone, but I've also heard it's not the only thing to do. I have a RAID 0 and want to ensure that cloning is a unit, and instead of if, if you die, I want to start immediately return back to normal.

Re: Can a bootable clone drive for OS/System drive be created?

What does incremental backup of the operating system on a drive image do? That is to clone each time manually, or clone once, and then make backup incremental using new software update regularly. After restoring the drive with the disk image and restore the backup over that. You can not configure a system that automatically creates images of a drive for you in a program. Hope this works for you.

Software like Acronis True Image support is assigned to the system drive on an external drive. It does so incrementally, and copy all files, folders, etc on this drive. But you're saying this unit is not a clone of the unit? I understand that you can: Take pictures of the operating system drive and store them for later restoration of implementing backup software that actually reflects all the data in another wing drive RAID 1, therefore, the preservation failure of the primary disk. You are saying that to restore the system - you can use Windows 7 Recovery i.e. boot, the installation disk and system restore using the image created and then use the backup software to compare the image with the increase and let the software automatically fills in any change since the image was created.

If you want to start a unit that is a clone of the failed system that needs to constantly create a new image / clone it. No software to automatically make and you can not clone a disk that is in use. That's why all the programs that runs off a bootable external. When it comes to cloning and imaging software, which is the same. You will understand this when you personally perform it.

Clonezilla Live allows a user to clone single media storage equipment, or a single partition on the media, an independent media device. The cloned data can be saved as an image file or, a copy of the data. Data can be stored in a close by attached storage device, an SSH server, a Samba server, or a NFS file share. The backup file can be used to restore the original if necessary. This software also creates a backup of the operating system. I think this software without any doubt will work for you.

Cloner Rx unit can create a complete clone of your PC's hard disk and allows you to easily restore the PC especially in the case of a virus attack or system failure malicious. HDD technology exclusive Rx Cloner Disk Image is a quick and easy to create a complete picture of bare metal of your PC. Thus, when any disasters during the system as a failed hard drive, you can easily re-establish the image to your workplace functional on a hard drive replaced or a new PC.

A disk image file contains the correct copy, byte to byte hard drive, partition or rational disk and can be created with various compression levels on the fly without stopping Windows OS and therefore without disturbing the business users. These drives create files and can be stored in a range of places, as well as various detachable media such as CD-R (W) / DVD, Iomega Zip or Jazz disk, etc. You can also use this software.