Thread: Installation of Fedora core 6 is hanging at loading /sbin/loader

Installation of Fedora core 6 is hanging at loading /sbin/loader

Well I am looking to install Fedora core 6 on the computer of mine. however I have found the installation is seems to be hang at loading /sbin/loader. I am unable to find out why this particular issue is happening. Let me know if you are aware of anything which I can use to fix the matter of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Installation of Fedora core 6 is hanging at loading /sbin/loader

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I want to know about the hardware configuration of the computer? Have you ever installed the Linux on the computer? you told me that you have got an error message on the screen so post the entire error message which you are getting while installing the OS. Let me know the answers of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

I am suggesting following thing which you should try and see whether it is working or not. First of all you should use the following kernel parameters.
    Code:
    noapic acpi=off
    also you should try with the Silicon Image SATA controller instead of the SATA to the PATA converter. Also you can try with the JMicron controller. So try the above mentioned thing and let me know about the result.

I am not sure but you might need to update the BIOS of the motherboard. Well I am suggesting you should simply visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and look for the latest version of the BIOS. Once you have downloaded the same you should installed the same on the motherboard of yours. you should be really careful while updating the BIOS because it might kill the motherboard of yours.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am wondering that there is an issue with the DVD of the OS. I think you should create a new install DVD and you should use the same to installing the OS. It might be possible that the OS might be corrupted at the time of the downloading the OS. So I recommend that you should redownlaod the same on the computer and then use the same for the installation.

I am highly suspecting that the there is a bug issue with this particular operating system. Well I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the operating system. You should provide the details regarding the computer configuration of yours as well as the issue which you are having while installing the OS. They developer team would fix the bug and release the patch after fixing the bug on the computer.