Thread: Ways to Save Files When Windows Won’t Load?

Ways to Save Files When Windows Won’t Load?

Hi friends I am here to know is there is any way to save the files when windows won’t load. Actually I have gone through this case many a times and when the PC is not starting then it becomes very hard to take backup or store the files. I have used in the past to get the files copied from my PC when things went down with Windows. And also I will love to know the experience of different users regarding ways that have managed to save files when Windows refused to boot.

Re: Ways to Save Files When Windows Won’t Load?

Here's something that I had to do many times in the past when I can not access my files. It is safe and the file transfer is super fast. Well if you consider that that the hard disk is not encrypted probably if you are a home user, then you should be able to open the computer case, remove the hard drive and put in a bay or on another computer or external hard drive enclosure. Enclosures are usually pretty cheap. Just make sure the correct size for the hard disk. A 2.5 "box is for a portable hard drive 3.5" is a PC hard drive.

Well to do the same I want you to follow some instructions and that is one of the latest method for doing the same. Now one thing which I want to tell you here is that. You need not know anything more about Linux really for this. Sellers who are so simple to create the CD and boot into a Linux Live session that almost anyone can. A Linux Live CD is basically a CD, DVD or USB flash drive that contains the entire Linux operating system. You can boot from the CD / DVD / USB and run Linux without needing to install or replace the hard drive of Windows, which is what makes it so attractive a way to recover your file

First of all what I want here you to do is that just try and download the operating system that you want. And then just create the bootable CD or DVD or a thumb drive from the ISO files. Well no you can insert the setup disk let say you are trying to install Ubuntu so when the Ubuntu Welcome Screen appears then you have to make sure that the you select the TRY UBUNTU WITHOUT INSTALLING and then after selecting the same you will get the boot process in that you need to see whether you are landing on the Unix desktop and just before that I want you to connect an external hard drive to take all the backup on the system of yours.

If you have the new style SATA connector inside your PC, you can install a new hard drive, set your BIOS to make sure you have the correct boot order and then boot your PC from the Windows CD / DVD and install Windows on the new hard drive. Once the same is done then you will be booted by the new windows, and access your old files stored on your old hard drive via Windows Explorer. If you happen to have more style IDE connector on the hard drive, then you have a little more trouble to install the unit. The trick is to make the jumpers on the hard drive and any CD / DVD are incorrect.

Usually has two IDE controllers (connector) in the main circuit and each of these two devices can be connected. A device can be designated as master and the other as slave and this is accomplished through jumpers on the hard drive and CD / DVD. The ideal setup in my opinion is to have two hard disks on a controller, the main hard drive with your version of Windows that work there as a teacher and a second hard drive with files larger than a slave.