Thread: Need to create a mirror image with windows 7 on hard disk with back up copy

Need to create a mirror image with windows 7 on hard disk with back up copy

I have an outer shell with a few hard drives installed and I like to create a backup of my PC's hard disk in one of them. Could anyone point to me where to go and read in detail the step by step points to: Make a mirror image backup of your PC's hard disk including the partitions and operating system and how to configure it so that I could save the possible changes in the backup copy so in the future, only a gradual return each time. I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I would be grateful for a detailed clarification of the events.

Re: Need to create a mirror image with windows 7 on hard disk with back up copy

As per my opinion, I do cloning. The program I use for playback on Windows, however, does create "incremental backups". There are other options for cloning one of them could do incremental backups. In my opinion, the fact that cannot perform incremental backups is not an issue for me. I have my data files on a separate drive and only use the backup copy of the "Boot Drive", i.e. the unit with the operating system and programs. From the boot drive does not change almost anything; just I have to update my clone 3-6 times a year normally. A position that the cloning process takes about 30 minutes to an hour for the size of the unit that I use for the boot drive is not a problem only for "redo" the clone at a time. On my Mac, it is useful, because you only have one drive in a partition, so you have an upgrade copy function is most useful as they tend to do it more often so that they also back up files.

To decide if you want to clone or create image, the basic question to be answered is if the hard disk dies, you want the ability to take the dead drive and change out the backup drive and boot your computer with the disk clone? In other words, we have a system running in a matter of time it takes to change the units? If yes, then you are looking to clone. If not, then you are viewing images. Now keep in mind that I'm not sure if there is a solution to the cloning of Windows that will do "incremental backups". If this is true and incremental backups are key to that, then they can force the images. In addition, if you only want to consider free programs backup, you can limit your options too.

Acronis True Image Home 2011 makes sure that all data, including photos, videos, music, documents and applications are fully protected and can recover rapidly in case of any disaster. Use our instinctive graphical user interface to easily describe where you back up your PC and how often. Take back up of your hard drive with just a few steps and work. If you misplace an important file or need to recover a earlier version of it, do not worry: you can go back in time to recover it in seconds.

Image backup software usually requires rebooting the system to perform the backup, so the backup software can be sure not to obstruct with the operation of the software. On the other hand, you can purchase software for backup image that can run in the backdrop while you are using Windows, but then there is always a little chance, but limited image backup you have one or more partly updated files in it.