Thread: Multipath/device mapper error caused read-only root file system in Red hat enterprise Linux

Multipath/device mapper error caused read-only root file system in Red hat enterprise Linux

I have got myself in to a lot of trouble here well the thing is that I added a SAN disk to a machine so I could make a file system and mount it. on scanning the disk it showed that it was present in the multipath on again scanning of the disk it showed that it was in use by another program so what should be done in such situation? So what I did was a simple reboot of the system on rebooting what I saw that there was an invalid entry in fstab for sdp, so it switched me to the single user domain, so please do tell me what should I do in such situation please help?

Re: Multipath/device mapper error caused read-only root file system in Red hat enterprise Linux

Ok that’s a very complicated problem that you have got here so in such situation what you have to do is just stick to your basics so basically what you will have to do is just check out the fstab column in the results ands simply add the _netdev in /etc/fstab in it that will do the trick for youy so that’s what simply you have to do and you are away with the problem so I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here work on the solutions that I have suggested it will be beneficial for you.

Re: Multipath/device mapper error caused read-only root file system in Red hat enterprise Linux

I would advice to start the system in a safe mode and check whether there is any problem there or not if it is there then you can make the necessary changes there only. Safe mode booting does helps a lot in situations like these. So check out for the following error reports in the system I think that’s a much better option for you so go ahead and work on it and let me know if you were able to solve the problem I hope this was beneficial for you.

See if none of the solutions are working for you then the last option that I can suggest you is try having a talk with the linux support staff about the solution probably they will have necessary solution for your problem so that’s what the exact solution is for you since they must be well versed with the problem they will give you some appropriate solutions accordingly for the problem, so that’s what I want to say here please note that use it as the last suggestion and not the primary option for you.

Hey thanks guys for the solutions that you have given here and I am happy that the solutions did work for me yes guys the first solution did work for me and I am happy that it was the first solution only that solved out the trick for me so happy that you all did respond to me so I am happy about it. I am so happy with the positive outcome that I have got here. So appreciate your efforts for the same and i am happy about it.