Thread: Red hat enterprise Linux users unable to login

Red hat enterprise Linux users unable to login

I have noticed that many users have started facing problem especially with the login in red hat so that’s why I wanted to report this problem to you all guys. Whenever the users login they get an message saying that ‘User's $HOME/.drmc file is being ignored. This prevents the default session and language from being saved’ when we click on ok it gives and message saying that the session lasted only for 10 seconds and it also gave me a hint of installation problem, and it advices me to login with one of the failsafe session to see if it can fix the problem. When I check the details of the error it gives me a long list of error report. So tell me how to get a fix of this problem so that the users can successfully login. So that’s what I am saying here hope you all have got the question?

Re: Red hat enterprise Linux users unable to login

Ok can you please point out what the error message is saying when you click on the details section? If you can then please do notify me about the same I will be happy to get some responses from your side so do reply fast ok I am waiting for your response since with the error detailed report I can suggest something on that. So do reply ok I am waiting for your response, lets see if we can manage to get some solutions out of it.

Yes I have got the detailed error report and here it is in the quote
    Code:
    localuser:<username> being added to access control list
    No profile for user '<username>' found
    /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession: line 89: /bin/csh: cannot execute binary file
    /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession: line 89: /bin/csh: Success
    one more error reading that I did forgot to mention above in the posts is that
    Code:
    User's $HOME directory must be owned by user and not writable by other users.
    So what do you all think do all the users account have the same error report? I have checked it and it is totally not possible so why is that so? can you all please help me.

Ok thanks for responding fast with the error report that you have given here. Well looking at your error report it seems that the system is not recognizing the users and hence to start with I would advise you to check the user directories and also see if all are the owners of the .drmc file. It is very necessary to check if all of them are having an access to the drmc file see if they are not having the access then it is very much difficult to work on it with the user accounts. So do look for it and check it accordingly that’s what I am saying here.

Yes I completely agree with the above user see that’s because the dmrc file has not been owned by user and hence it is giving you such kind of problems. work on the system as an administrator and with the user settings change the permission for ownership. You will be benefiting a lot with this method because with this method you cannot allow the other users to change the permission and hence the necessary dmrc file will be there in the system, so try working on the 644 permission you will be benefited a lot by this.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here yes I will make sure that I will implement the same methods here also and I will make sure that I work on it so that I can get the necessary results from it so thanks for suggesting me about the useful solutions. Thanks for all the efforts that you have given here for solving the problems so thanks a lot for that and i am happy that you did gave some solutions for me.