Thread: Is PCLinux OS Best For Multimedia ?

Is PCLinux OS Best For Multimedia ?

Hi, I have a Sony laptop, and currently I am using windows 7 in my laptop, It is good whatever you concern about, but I heard that the Linux is also good, but I am confused as I am not aware of it more. I used to use the multimedia function in my windows, like playing high definition movies and listening music, many other things. So which operating system would be better for this kind of purpose? Is PCLOS is best for me? Need suggestion. Thanks.

Re: Is PCLinux OS Best For Multimedia ?

Ok, this is first time I had seen that someone just want to change the operating system merely for such a none purpose. But it is ok, as you have mentioned that you want to use only such a features then my recommendation would be the MINT OS rather than the PCLOS, because Linux Mint focuses on usability and ease of installation, and as you are not very much familiar with it, it is particularly design for users who don’t have Linux experience.

Yeah it is good operating system what you have mentioned, I am also not very much aware but I have also heard from the many of my friends, but still I would suggest you to stick with windows 7 only, because I think, it supports almost each and every features that you want for multimedia functionalities. And as far as I know it has media center available for watching movie, listening songs and to manage the pictures, and many more things.

I have heard that many of the Linux user who has a great collection of music, videos and pictures, doesn’t have the software to manage them, in other words to play with them, because the user from windows had been familiar with Windows Media Center or Front Row, but Linux users I must say the world is not over for you yet. You can also have the third party software that you can install in your machine and use it as a media center, XBMC is by far, one of the best media centers for Linux, so whatever Linux version you installed, that is not the big deal, installed this software along with that, and you’ll get what you need exactly.

Yeah I am completely agree with the user who have posted above, I would like to recommend you the name of some of the tools that you can use with any version of Linux. The first one is XBMC, the best I had ever seen, after that Entertainer is also good in which you’ll get the TV series also. See about the another version, I don’t have that much knowledge but you can try at least after installing Linux. They are Freevo, GeeXboX, Elisa. And remember one thing, it is not important which windows you use, but how you use.

Yeah I am completely agree with the user who have posted above, I would like to recommend you the name of some of the tools that you can use with any version of Linux. The first one is XBMC, the best I had ever seen, after that Entertainer is also good in which you’ll get the TV series also. See about the another version, I don’t have that much knowledge but you can try at least after installing Linux. They are Freevo, GeeXboX, Elisa. And remember one thing, it is not important which windows you use, but how you use.