Thread: Learning To Use Open source

Learning To Use Open source

Hi, I am using the Linux operating system and it is too good, I would like to appreciate it, and with these, since I installed it for the first time I was a newbie to this OS, but I just take a help from the open source, and they give me their best. And really now I am very good using this window. I need to learn to install the programs without the package manager in Ubuntu 10.04 x64, however I was using the manager firstly, but now I don’t want to use it. Thus can anyone help me get started so I can help fuel the Open Source effort I had made?

Re: Learning To Use Open source

See, I’d first suggest you that install it through the package manager only, in fact I want to know that why you want to install it without it? As this is the good feature rather. And by the way there are many programs that need to be install through the package manager only, without that you won’t be able to install it. This is good thing if you’re learning from the open source, but this is ridiculous.

See there are several different programs, that uses different technique to install and after that configured, but you haven’t mentioned any of the name, without that it is quite impossible to get that, shall we install that program without the package manager. In fact i would suggest you that always use those packages because they have the ability to install the software automatically without being bothersome.

I would say this are very good packaging tools, that provides automate installing, upgrading, configuring, and removing software, I am wondering that why you don’t want to use it, in fact I would say, you should use it. See there are certain features associated with this kind of tools so that they cannot ne hacked very easily, If I say about the RPM, this is one of the packaging tools in the Linux, RPM packages can be cryptographically verified with some internal algorithms such as GPG and MD5.