Thread: How do i Install Ubuntu.10.10

How do i Install Ubuntu.10.10

Hi, I'm really not full-fledged enough regarding the computers, but I always use to find new things related computers, and as a result, right now I heard about the ubuntu.10.10 (Maverick), and I am fascinated to install that windows. However, I have heard quite a lot of ways to do this but I am confused which one will be the better one. Any suggestion regarding the installation, I mean to say how do I install It? I heard that it is not very difficult, isn’t it? Thanks in advanced.

Re: How do i Install Ubuntu.10.10

Yeah, that’s very cool as you want to install Ubuntu.10.10, let me tell you I had used it, and all the features and functionalities are too good, but as you said, that you can’t not have that much knowledge about the computers, so I would recommend you to start with the basic operating system such as windows XP and the try to use this, otherwise you may won’t get the things properly to use. Almost each and every thing is command based, so you should practice on the basic one.

First of all you have to partition your hard drive, and the most important you can use both the windows together also, I mean to say, you can have ubuntu and windows XP both in your computer, but it seems you’re only interested in ubuntu, you should first format the computer and then install the fresh copy of the new operating system. This steps will be automatically be done while you insert the CD for installing the ubuntu.

If you can burn the ISO file to a CD, and then install it from there the it would the easiest way. OR, you can simply boot into windows and insert the CD that has a setup file for the ubuntu. It will first run the WUBI automatically, In other words it is a setup program that creates a virtual Linux partition in a file on one of the partition of your windows itself. You can simply download the WUBI, so you don’t need to burn the CD even.

The best thing about this I would say it allows us to install it as an application inside windows. All you need to so is to download the ISO file, and then mount it in any of the software like daemon tools etc. This kind of software you’ll also get it from the internet only, and run the wubi.exe. You need to enter the disk size and drive name where you want to install Ubuntu. And after that it will prompt for the user name and the password, so after that it will automatically reboot itself and then the installation will begin.

You can install the ubuntu in the same partition itself as a software only, or you may have another option too for installing in another partition, that’s also easy, for that you need to boot from an Ubuntu Live CD. For creating the partition you need to have the software called partition magic, and make sure that the partition is NTFS. And then insert the CD in to the drive and then reboot t he computer, it will automatically start the installation as soon as you give the name of the partition.

If you don’t have the CD drive working, I am mentioning because I was having the same problem, so you can simply so the same think using the USB flash drive too, you just need to copy the ISO file in to the USB drive and then make the USB bootable, you can do this by the software that you’ll get from the internet itself. And then while installing make little bit changes in the BIOS menu, like select the first boot propriety to the USB, thus as you attach it and reboot, it will detect the USB flash drive and will install the ubuntu.