Thread: how to fix system setup log error

how to fix system setup log error

I am using XP home edition system and recently i have been facing problem of System Setup Log error. This is error message :

"Fatal errors : C:\windows\setuperr.log. windows is unable to start because the registry couldn't be updated. To address this problem, please contact your comp manufacturer."

Because of this error i am not able to go into the main screen. Everytime when i start and boot my computer, above error pops up and it stop booting computer and shuts down. Fortunately, sometimes(10%) it let me in to the main screen after booting.

I will appreciate if someone let me know how to fix this problem. i don't have Windows XP cd and driver info.

thanks
    windows

Re: how to fix system setup log error

I strongly feel that, the problem is caused because you are having issues with your registry files. I will thus recommend you to to first scan your registry and remove any viruses or infectious files if detected any and then use some registry cleaner to remove all the broken links and corrupt registry files from your system. You can use any third party software like CCleaner, TuneUp Utilities, RegistryBooster, Registry Mechanic etc to clean and optimize your registry.