Thread: Ubuntu does not recognize Addtional drivers for searching my wifi card

Ubuntu does not recognize Addtional drivers for searching my wifi card

I had installed Ubuntu 7.10 in dual boot with Windows Vista on the pc. Everything worked well with setup and other stuff. I got all screen and other of my drivers and printer detected. The only problem is that after installing ubuntu does not recognize the wireless card has integrated his laptop, and it is for him the only way to connect. Buy this only I can share internet connection at my home. Well now I wanted to know how to recognize the wireless card has its driver in ubuntu so he can update and install everything needed.

Re: Ubuntu does not recognize Addtional drivers for searching my wifi card

Ubuntu will not detect your wireless card because it probably will not have the drivers installed in it. Ubuntu automatically detects a lot of hardware but some components which are mostly third party needs such kind of support. First thing you will need is to check is that ubuntu does not have the drivers for your card. For that go in System > Administration > Restricted Driver Manager. If your card appears on the list indicates that there are no native Linux drivers for your card.

There is an faster way to fix the the problem and for that you will need to download the card drivers and install windows xp on ubuntu with ndiswrapper package.Once you have the card drivers for windows then pen a console and type: ~ $ Sudo rmmod ath_pci. This will remove a driver that may conflict with those who install them below. Then type the following command - ~ $ Sudo nano / etc / modprobe.d / blacklist. This will display the contents of the blacklist in the terminal, the end of it you have to add: blacklist ath_pci. Now go to Synaptic package manager and install ndiswrapper.

I have a problem is that I have kubuntu and not ubuNtu. They already are the same but not how to do that in a terminal and download the ndiswrapper. I had tried what you say but nothing helped out much. Well maybe because I am new to this, by putting some commands but not leaving much, I said that no file or directory, also try the file name of the card but as there are several I try but nothing worked. If this does not work I am already planing to update ubuntu.

Most of the people is directed to System > Administration> Network to configure data connection router (ESSID and PASS) and although everything is perfectly set, repeatedly fails to connect, or pings, or some other signal of life. That's why for all those who have this problem, we leave the solution, which even allows us to connect automatically as soon as you log without the need for something in the console.

Here are my steps which I used to configure my wifi. I hope that can help. Type iwconfig in the console command. Then type sudo iwlist eth1 scan. By default, eth1 connection we have in our network management. With the ESSID and password put in console network. If everything goes so far as God commands and have wireless internet connection. Open the browser to always have control, go to the panel, adding to the panel and Hardware System and we need to add Network Monitor. Then you need to select ETH1 and show us different information, such as the signal range.