Thread: error code 0 is coming while transferring files from iMAC to external hard drives

error code 0 is coming while transferring files from iMAC to external hard drives

I am using Macbook pro and I have also bought the Seagate external hard drive. I normally transfer all my assignments and other data from my laptop to hard drive. In my college we have MAC lab where they have purchased all the iMAC computers. Now whenever I try to transfer the data from college iMAC computer to my hard driver at that time I get the Error code 0 and it is not allowing me to transferring the file. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: error code 0 is coming while transferring files from iMAC to external hard drives

If you are not able to transfer the files form your collage desktop computers and if you are facing this problem with your collage computers only then I think there should be some security setting in your collage which is creating the problem while transferring the files. According to me first try to transfer any files from some other desktop of your collage desktops. If you are not able to transfer the files from other desktop of your collage lab then I think you should first confirm with your Lab authority and take the permission of file transfer.

Re: error code 0 is coming while transferring files from iMAC to external hard drives

I have gone through your issue if you are not able to transfer the files from your collage desktop then I think you should try following steps. If you have any other hard disk with you then take it to your collage lab and then try to transfer the files in that hard disk. if you are able to transfer the files in that hard disk then I think there is some thing wrong with your hard disk only. I hope this suggestion will be helpful you and you will be able to find the exact problem in your system.

I have tried to find the solution for your problem and I think you should try these steps to solve this problem. first connect your hard disk in some other laptop or computer and after that install the Ccleaner I that system. You can download the Ccleaner form internet. After installing the Ccleaner in you system clean up your external hard drive. This application will remove all the corrupted files from you system and also repair defected files. After that you will not face this problem with file transfer.

I have tried to solve the problem after reading the above solutions. I have tried to transfer the files from other desktop computer but that idea didn’t work for me. After that I also tried to solve the problem by installing the Ccleaner in my laptop and I also cleaned up my hard drive after that, but it didn’t help me at all. Now I don’t know what to do with this error. Please reply me with some more suggestion and please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you for all replies.

I think you should try to solve the problem by doing these steps. First connect your hard drive with your laptop and after that take the backup of all your data and then format the whole hard drive. After formatting it copy all the back up data in your hard drive again. I think after formatting the hard drive you will not get this error again in your system. If that idea does not work for you then I think you should replace your hard drive or contact the service center and ask for the solution regarding your problem.

After trying all the possible steps also I was facing the same problem, after that I tried to solve the problem by inserting my hard drive in other computer and after that I took the backup of all my data and then I format my whole drive. After doing that I tried to transfer my data from my collage\ iMAC desktop and I was able to transfer the data. Now I am not getting any error while transferring the data from iMAC to my laptop. Thank you so much for your suggestion.