Thread: Mac not booting and shows error “Missing file system “

Mac not booting and shows error “Missing file system “

I have been using Mac OS since past six months, though; I am not been able to fix the errors on my system. Recently My Mac OS when I tried Booting up my Mac Os it did not start up. It’s just show’s me a white screen after waiting for several minutes and then it flashes a folder , which I guess means that it is not been able to find the file system on which the OS is stored . IS that the problem of the software or the programs that I have installed in it, or my hard has been corrupted? My Mac OS is still in warranty so, Can anyone help me fix the problem, before I go to Mac service Center.

Re: Mac not booting and shows error “Missing file system “

Well that may be a problem, from the programs that you are using , well you can boot up with your Mac OS CD and then got to Disk utility option , an then set the permission to repair your drive , first check if your drive is listed in it , if it is listed then try repairing ,and if it ‘s ain ‘t showing then I guess you need to replace your hard-drive . if your disk is on the list then repair it and voila , your drive is up and running

If your drive is not on the list then here is the procedure on how to take a back up of your existing files and then install Mac OS again, so that all errors and bugs would be fixed with this one. DO U USE FILE VAULT FEATURE ON MAC OS??? If yes then I am sorry, you can’t take a back up of your drive, if no then read further Attach an external drive to your system and then type the following command on terminal cd \Volumes. Then type ls –this would show the external drives attached to your drive. If you cannot see your drives then you would not have mounted them through disk utility. Then type cd */Volumes/backup this would copy the files from the drive to the hard-drive name backup .Now Wait for the terminal to return to you saying All files successfully copied .And then erase the disk and install a new Mac Os .

Try repairing the drive and if that fails then I suggest you to use Alsoft’s Disk Warriors , which is an advanced disk repairing tool which has a biggest drawback of not supporting versions of Mac released after 14/10 2008 . IF your Mac OS is built or released before that then you need to find some other version‘s of advanced Disk repairing tools. And a suggestion for all Mac users, ALWAYS MAKE A CLONE OF YOUR HARD-DRIVE AND UPDATE IT EVERY WEEK SO THAT IT MAKES IT VERY USE FULL IN TIMES LIKE THIS

I had been having the same problem with my Mac OS after reading and trying various methods on the forums and internet, I tried this one and that worked fine for me. Restart your Mac OS holding the control and S button together till you get a Black and a white screen. After that without wasting any time type the following code in it fsck-f. Wait for the process to finish and then at the next prompt type reboot this might fix your error.