Thread: Compatibility of windows 7 with the existing system

Compatibility of windows 7 with the existing system

Hi, I have a laptop with the configuration AMD SEMPRON 3000+ 1.8GHZ, 1GB RAM, BUILDIN VIDEO MEMORY 96MB, I am planning to install windows 7 on these? Right now I am using Windows XP in my laptop, I had heard from my friends that windows is better at its performance, thus I plan to install the windows, shall it be compatible with the configuration I had mentioned. Or do I stick with windows XP only?

Re: Compatibility of windows 7 with the existing system

I would like to suggest you that stick with the operating system you have because the windows 7 is more of graphic so it requires more resources and what you have mentioned is I don’t think enough to install windows 7, but still you have the option to install it, you can always try it out, but I am sure you won’t get the output you are expecting. Instead I would say it would be just waste of time only, if you try to install the windows 7.

You can have option too, you can simply check the compatibility of your system with windows 7, I’d say run Microsoft’s upgrade advisor, it would guide you best whether to install windows 7 or not. And you have mentioned the configuration is too low actually, I GB of ram is not enough, and it would occupy 8 GB of your hard drive to install. In fact I would suggest you don’t install it rather just stick with XP only, it would give you the better service at this configuration.

If you’re only impressed by the graphics of windows 7 and you want have that one, then I would like to recommend you to download the utility software, through which you can get the same graphic as windows 7, but if you install the windows 7 itself then first of all it will slow down your PC and won’t let you do the basic things even, and the performance would be too slow. I’d simply suggest you don’t install it.

I think you should stick with windows XP only, because as i seen the configuration you have mentioned, you won't be able to use to it that frequently. Thus it may lag some of the features provided by the windows 7. In fact i hope so you must be use to with the current system, i was saying this because as i am also not able to install that windows, and in fact i don't want to because i am familiar with windows XP.