Thread: Windows XP Boot logo is Corrupted

Windows XP Boot logo is Corrupted

After replacing the CPU cooler and Fan I have started my system without any issue and I realized that it was absolutely the fan problem. On the other hand, from the first boot display from side to side the windows XP logo, the monitor shows perpendicular lines, boxes as well as dots. Following the Windows logo, the monitor goes empty (like it forever does) directing "No DVI". Afterward comes back to the normal position and the monitor screen is very well. Not certain what has occurred just, but I think I did something wrong while replacing the CPU fan and cooler.

Re: Windows XP Boot logo is Corrupted

Being that the microprocessor cooler was the merely craze you played through, I think that a number of the earlier "stick" had drifted toward the circuits close to the processor socket. I would take away the fan gathering and the processor itself. Clean the region about the processor socket and totally take away the "glue" if it is there. Following cleaning the processor itself and other area, make use of Artic Silver heat sink composite rather than "glue". Simply a little drop is required since it will sprawl and covers the processor and cooler where they comrade mutually.

As far as I know that the Windows XP's boot logo is entrenched inside the NTOSKRNL.EXE file. This is the major kernel intended for the whole operating system. That indicates that you can't simply exchange out single picture file for one more. Rather you must hack the NTOSKRNL.EXE file, discover the Windows XP boot logo, put back it with your fresh logo, and save that NTOSKRNL.EXE file as it is and without changing the file name. It might sound easy, except it's not. Furthermore, like I told before, NTOSKRNL.EXE is a key part of Windows XP. If you injure the file and create a error, you won't be capable to boot into your system anymore.

If you would like, you can completely get rid of the Windows XP boot logo in total. Doing thus will create XP boot up a slight quicker, except it will furthermore reason you to miss boot up messages for instance disk checkings.To disable the Windows XP boot logo, right click on top of My Computer and choose Properties. While the System Properties screen comes into view, choose the advanced tab. Click the Settings push button inside the Startup and Recovery box. There click Edit. This will open Notepad by way of a copy of boot.ini file. Navigate to the line of the boot.ini file that tells somewhat like this:
    Code:
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
    Here in the above line you need to Add /noguiboot to the ending of the line. Now save the file, and click on OK to affect changes

I don’t think that it is a complicated task for you to replace the corrupted Windows XP logo to a new one. All you need to get the working Windows XP logo file. That is you will require a duplicate copy of the NTOSKRNL.EXE file either from other computer or from any other source. You don't wish for to adjust the original lest you compose an error. You'll discover the NTOSKRNL.EXE file within the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder. Now replace the corrupted file with your working file and that’s it.

It seems to me that you cannot replace the corrupted Windows XP boot logo. This procedure may work sometime but not for all time. If you know the real hack then I think that it can. Not only you need to replace the file but you need to do certain changes in some other places also. So fat I have never heard this kind of issue but as you were saying that it was happened after you replace the fan. I don’t know what is related to this. The Windows works fine after the logo. It seems quite strange to me. Anyway have you tried the Windows update utility? It would be a only chance left for you I think.

It really looks like a graphics issue. While replacing the Fan or CPU cooler you might have damaged motherboard’s integrated graphics chip or related component and due to this the logo appearing with dots, lines and other things. After that the Windows start up screen shows normal. To check it properly you need to play any video or game in the computer. It will let you know whether the graphics related components actually gets damaged or not.