Thread: Why do Apple Mail forgets passwords

Why do Apple Mail forgets passwords

I have been using Mac mini desktop computer. It is a nice computer with 1.42 GHz processor speed along with 512MB RAM. I have been using it from few years and overall I loved using this computer. I am using internet and surf through different websites as well as I have many mail accounts. So I used Apple mail service to remember my passwords for these accounts but whenever I open these accounts it forgets the password for which I have saved and prompts me to again insert the password. This is annoying me so how should I fix this problem of apple mail.

Re: Why do Apple Mail forgets passwords

The Mac operating system is having an inbuilt mail client called Apple Mail. It offers you a mail program and supports different protocols like SMTP, POP3, as well as IMAP protocols. If we have many mail accounts then we do want our mail program to remember our passwords for an individual account. So Apple mail also has such feature you just have to check remember me checkbox and the mail program would remember these passwords for each account.

As far I have heard about apple mail, it has an ability to store passwords. So if the problem exists even if you checked it for remembering passwords, then there might be a problem with the keychain. Your mail program is doing its function properly but I guess that keychain would be deleting the passwords that are saved. So in order to fix this problem you need to repair your keychain. So after fixing it would not cause the problem and mail program would function properly.

I have searched for the problem and found an article where you need to perform certain steps. First open keychain access and then create a new one by giving some name and then save it after it go to its settings and uncheck the lock option. Now drag all the mail keys that you were having of every account. After all this steps you need to lock it again. I guess this would solve all your mail program problems and you don’t have to renter the passwords again.

I have found that the inbuilt mail program that Mac operating system is having is having more problems. The apple mail program doesn’t remember passwords after doing all the needed settings also, I think there are some issues in it which causes problem might be some coding error which the developers haven’t done properly. If you search for your query over Google then you would find that many users are having the same problem and yet Apple hasn’t solved the problem of their mail program.

Till the apple mail program issues aren’t solved, we need to continue with our work. I guess till then we can opt for some other mail program which can perform same as of Apple mail program. So in order to have such mail program we could use Thunderbird email client. It is an open source program developed by Mozilla. It also has the same features as that as Apple mail program. So download that mail client for Mac operating system and till then enjoy using it.