Thread: How to download Windows 7 to USB Flash Drive directly ?

How to download Windows 7 to USB Flash Drive directly ?

Hey hi friends, I am using windows XP in my system right now, I know it seems too older and all my friend have windows 7 at their PC, so I am planning to have it, so how can I download it to the USB flash drive directly so I can install it further whenever I need it? From where can I found the setup for the windows 7? How to install that windows, is It same as windows XP? Need suggestion?

Re: How to download Windows 7 to USB Flash Drive directly ?

First of all I would like that at last you’re planning to having the windows 7 in your PC, in fact I would suggest you to install the same. But I am not getting that why you want to install it from the USB flash drive? As you can simply install it from the DVD drive itself, anyways it is too simple by the from the USB too, you need to download the Image file from the internet and copy it to the USB drive, I am not sure about this, but I have heard about this from one of my friend.

I also using the windows 7 in my PC, but I have installed it through the DVD, in fact I have purchased it from the Microsoft itself. I would like you to suggest the same, that don’t download it, as I didn’t prefer such a downloaded software, because in that some of the files are missing and you won’t be able to install it properly, so you can buy it from the Microsoft website, I am not sure about the price, but it would be lesser than what I had purchased for sure.

I hope you are aware that the windows 7 is of almost above 2.5 GB, so you’ll need USB drive of at least 4 GB. And I am not sure that you can download it to directly to the USB drive, but you can download it to you Pc first and then transfer it to the USB drive whenever it is needed. You’ll find the set up from the internet as it also has the different version, and categorized as 32 bit and 64 bit. So you can have it accordingly.

You need to make the USB drive bootable first, then only you can able to install the Windows 7 from that, I don’t know how to make it bootable manually, but there are so many third party software’s that you’ll get it from the internet, that does the same function and then you can able to install it from the USB drive. The software is called as MAKEBOOTABLE, and you can download It first and then the fresher copy of windows .

Hey friends, let me know the Exact step wise procedure as I am not aware of any of the thing you have mentioned, what is ISO file? IS ISO and image file both are same? And can’t I download the windows 7 directly to my USB drive or I have to download it to PC only? Need suggestion very badly, as my PC is not working with my older version of operating system, it shows different errors.

Yeah both the names are same. And you can download this software from internet. First of all download the windows 7 ISO file and copy too USB drive, it won’t take more than 10 minutes. And then install the software through which you can make the USB bootable. After than browse that file and press OK, it will simply make it bootable, and then reboot the PC and press f8 for bios menu, and select boot from USB drive.