Thread: How to combine the output of several vi files into a single file

How to combine the output of several vi files into a single file

Hello friend, currently I am work on the Linux operating system which is type of the UNIX operating system. I have 10 vi files in this vi editor of the Linux. This all 10 vi files contain some system related information and I created this file. Now I decided to combine this all files into the single secured file. And I want to insert this single file in tabular format. Can I do it? If anyone having knowledge then please share your own thought. Any type of helps will be appreciates.

Re: How to combine the output of several vi files into a single file

Hey dude, there is no such kind of options present in vi editor to arrange the file contents in the tabular format. The vi editor can’t provide such kind of command. The vi editor provides the facility to combine the output of all 10 vi files into the single vi file. This facility can be provided through the script command. Then I suggest you to use this command and then combine the 10 files output into the single file. I think you got the correct solutions.

Hey you need to use the cat command. The cat command is specially designed for selecting the number text messages of the one file and then insert it into the other file. The redirection operator (>) of the cat command will help to catch all 10 files output and it will be helpful to put this into the single file. This file is automatically created in the Linux system. Then you can easily view the contents present in this single file. For converting this content to the tabular format you need to search the options of the cat command.

I suggest you to try to use the cat command like in the specific format. Just put the name of the cat command then after space put the name of the entire file. after that you need to enter the >> operator and then immediately enter the single file name. then try to execute this command. I think it works. The reason behind this is the cat command is normally works on the shell prompt and all the command of the shell prompt will also execute on the vi editor. Then try using cat command and I think it helps to solve the trouble.

I also faced the same kind of trouble and I am not getting the correct solutions to do this. Then sue the different techniques. I use the loop structure and then insert all the file locations into the loop. Then in that loop copy all the contents of every file into the master file. I had done this using the simple if loop. This is my own technique and I had executed it very well. You need to try these kinds of solutions. You can take the help of the looping structure.

Hey dude, I also use the similar kind of solutions to solve this trouble. I had created one script. In that script I use the cat command for copy the content of one file into the master file. In the conditions of the loop I insert the file locations. This script is to be very small but the operations it performs is very good. This script contains the for loop. So, you need to build the similar kind of script. This helps you to solve the trouble.

Hey I have not the expert of the Linux operating system but I try to create the similar kind of script for solving the trouble. Then I haven’t got the success. It gives so many error messages. Then I decided to go to the Linux site and search the solutions. I do this and in one site they show the step by step instructions for doing this task. I copied it and try to execute on the own system. But it also gives the error. Then I solved the error and finally I done the task. Now the output of all vi files is present on the single master file.