Thread: How can i use Commands, PuTTY etc for a novice?

How can i use Commands, PuTTY etc for a novice?

Hello friend, I am a novice and I want to execute some commands as well as task on the Linux operating system. , I had downloaded PuTTY but I never idea about how to start the process. I want to set some variables as well as doing some task. I need some guidance for doing this connection. Then if anyone having knowledge about it then please share it. It helps me to solve the trouble. Any type of helps will be appreciates.

re: How can i use Commands, PuTTY etc for a novice?

Hey due, it is so simple. You need to put the servername/hostname. Then also enter the port is 22. Then it shows the many configuration options. This will help to set the configurations of the connection. Then set it properly. It helps you to establish the connection and then also need some advanced setting for more facility. Then do this and it helps you to set the connections. In Linux the cd and the mkdir command most of the time use. Then use it for changing the current folder in the shell prompt. This helps you to perform the specific task.

Most of the features of the software is present in the documentation. These features are in the command format and you can execute this command on the command line of shell. If you are new in the UNIX or Linux operating system then you need to use the help command of the shell prompt. This command is mostly provided for the novice. This person doesn’t understand the format of the command in the initial condition. Then use it and it helps you to perform the task.

In that time I am also the new in the Linux OS and I had no idea of how to execute command on the shell prompt. Then I use the help command and really it works very well. The facility provide by this command is very nice. You need to just put the name of the command after the help command. This will describes the command definitions and the number of options present in this command. Hence I suggest you to use this command. It will helpful for the new user.

As per you mention in the post you had downloads the PuTTY software. This software is helpful for doing the network connections. This Putty software is a free and open source terminal emulator application. This is helpful for the client side connections then uses it for doing this kind of task. You can refer the manual of this software for doing this networking task. The setup folder of the PuTTY also contains the file for ensuring the command present in the software. Use it and it helps you to solve the trouble.

Re: How can i use Commands, PuTTY etc for a novice?

I also worked on the Linux and there are so many commands helpful to perform the specific task. The common difficulty of the Linux is to be when the user tries to execute the command then if it is successful then most of the time it doesn’t display anything on the shell prompt. Otherwise it will describe the error messages and this message in the specific meaning. The new comer’s cannot understand it. Then after some experience they realized the meaning of these messages.