Thread: Is it possible to record text speech on Mac OS

Is it possible to record text speech on Mac OS

I am a student and I just got computer so that I could do assignments of my school on my computer. I am enjoying doing assignments on my computer having Mac operating system. The thing I want to know is that my professor gives us several PowerPoint presentations so that we could make notes and study from that so I want to record the speech of any document when I use some software to read any text document. So provide me with the details so that I can listen to it anywhere I go.

Re: Is it possible to record text speech on Mac OS

You can definitely record the text speech so that you can use it anywhere you want. I suggest you to use TextEdit application. It is built in software that is provided inside Mac operating system. When you open that software you will find a text to speech feature which would read out any text document. When you make some document to read, then Mac would read it out as a speech and you would be able to record that and then use that audio file on your iPod.

In order to record a text document you can use TextEdit software and then open it and follow some instructions in order to record the same. Click on the services preferences and keyboard shortcuts pane would open up. Then you need to select text from the services and then close the window. Then enter any text for recording then add it to itunes as a spoken track by going to textedit services. Thus in background the recording would start and after it finishes you could play it.

There are several applications which provide speech recording services for Mac operating systems. It everyone’s choice in using the application which they like, I am using TypeIt Read It which allows us to have any text to get converted to a sound file. After it if you need it to burn to any disc then just insert that file in itunes and then select burn option. As the process finishes you can transfer it to your ipod so that you can get your assignments anywhere and able to listen it at anytime.

I searched through your query over Google and I found an application which would help you in solving your question. The application is WireTap with which you can record. This application can record audio files you want, or you can speak through microphone and it would record it and it is possible to record anything on your Mac OS using this application. So you need to download this application and just record any presentation you want and show it to your professor.

If you search over internet for text to speech recording software’s then you would find many such applications. You just need to check that is that software working for Mac, I mean that it should be compatible with your operating system. So when you download such utility then verify that it is compatible with your OS. I am saying this because many of these applications are compatible with higher version of Mac OS. So if your OS is a having an older version then you would not be able to use that application.