Thread: How can I get old Chrome icon in Mac OS

How can I get old Chrome icon in Mac OS

I am using Google chrome browser in my computer which is having Mac Operating system. I have seen that icon of my browser have been changed and I don’t like this icon. This new 2D icon looks much bad on my Mac OS, don’t know about windows. I don’t know why Google have chosen this icon for its web browser. The previous icon was much better and it seems to be like 3D icon. I just want to get the previous icon, so let me know how I can do this.

Re: How can I get old Chrome icon in Mac OS

I know that the new chrome icon doesn’t look nice and even it appears like a 2D icon. The previous one is much better than this new icon. The new icon looks bad on every operating system like windows, Mac as well as on Linux. So I guess you would be able to change the icon by changing the browser property, so just go to chrome properties then shortcut and then change icon. Now you should have icon file for this just give a path of icon file and have a change.

I have found many users were telling that Google chrome new icon looks ugly and due to this the whole user interface gets affected, so I gave a try to this and even I found that it looks bad. The real fact is that chrome is a professional browser and many users have switched to this browser and so Google provided a new browser all having 3D like features, but when we see to its logo then it seems to be like a 2D logo. So it doesn’t fit the overall look of the application.

In order to change the icon in Mac operating system, first you will need the old icon files. So download this stuff by searching old chrome logos on Google and get it downloaded on your system. Now you have to go to application folder and right click it and select package contents, then go to contents folder after that resources folder and you will get list of files there. Now just pick the downloaded files and paste it on this folder. Your document.icns as well app.icns files would get replaced and you will get back your old 3D icon on your browser.

In order to change the new icon to a previous older icon, I found an easier solution which would be helpful. You need to right click on your chrome icon and then select show in finder. Now you need to open info box, you can open it by right clicking the finder, when you do this you have to click on the icon and a box will get opened. Now you have to select the previous icon which you want to have by using command –c option and then have to paste in the opened box. Thus in order to apply your settings you may need to restart your browser.