Thread: Pictures folder loads up slowly on Windows Vista Home Premium

Pictures folder loads up slowly on Windows Vista Home Premium

I have PC at home with a higher configuration. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS in my PC. From the past two days I have encountered a strange issue while accessing my PC. I have been facing problems while accessing sub-folders in my Pictures folder. I normally work with PS Elements 7 and I have nearly 4,000 images in my Pictures folder and there are several other images in the sub folders. The issue that I am facing is that the Pictures folder loads up very slowly and when I select to open any one of the sub folders in my FinePiViewer folder the images sometimes do not open up. Even if I select any one of them then it won't stay viewable. I started noticing such issues after the Silverlight update. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Pictures folder loads up slowly on Windows Vista Home Premium

The issue seems to be quite interesting. I don’t have much information about Silverlight the only thing I know is that it is a Microsoft’s cloud computing thing. I have Silverlight on the Windows Vista OS which I am not using at the moment. The issue that you are facing can be due to lack of free space on your Hard- drive. First check the free space on your Hard-drive I think it will be less than 50%. This can be actual reason your PC is progressively getting slower with more stuff in it. I would advise you to free some disk space by deleting the useless files and programs.

I am thankful to you for giving your suggestions to overcome the issue. As you specified me to free some memory in the Hard-drive, I did that but still I am facing the same issue. The pictures folder is still loading very slowly even after deleting some useless programs from the Hard-drive. I don’t the exact cause for this issue. Is there any other alternate way using which I can overcome the issue? If yes then please inform me about it.

Most people never need Silverlight. It is not widely adopted and it is the answer from Microsoft to Adobe Flash software. If things still aren't fast then you should try to disable the Thumbnails. For that you need to perform the following steps:
    In the organizer menu go to Folder and search options-> go to the View tab-> check the options “Always show icons, never thumbnails”. After this your PC will definitely load the Pictures folder much faster than before. I don’t think IDE will show signs of reducing your PC performance.

As you said that you noticed this issue after updating Silverlight. The issue can be due to Silverlight installed in your PC. I think uninstalling Silverlight will definitely fix up the issue. To overcome the issue I recommend you to uninstall Silverlight and then notice the difference. After uninstalling the Silverlight you will definitely notice the difference in loading process. Try this out and inform me about the final result.

I never wanted to uninstall the Silverlight. As you said that Silverlight can be the reason for the issue that I am facing so I finally decided to uninstall it. After uninstalling Silverlight still the issue remained as it was earlier. There was no change in the loading period it used to take before and now. This issue is irritating me a lot. I also asked my friends about this issue but they are also not able to overcome it. Do you know any other solution to solve the issue? Please help me if you can.

Uninstalling the Silverlight should have fix up the issue. But it is not so in your case. After uninstalling the Sliverlight did you run CCleaner? If not then do it. CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes all the unused files from your system. After running CCleaner you PC won’t take much time for loading pictures folder as it used to before. This solution will definitely fix up the issue. Try this out, you will surely benefit from this.