Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-05-2011

Activate Windows 7 using old key with an upgrade

Yesterday I've just configured a new computer and utilized my preceding Windows key intended for my free student software even though this is the second moment I've utilized it and currently windows tells it can't turn on windows. Except I can purchase and windows 7 upgrade meant for students at a fine price and officially I am upgrading and I am departing from a genuine install of Windows 7. The website furthermore provides the preference of downloading the ISO thus you can accomplish a new install. Hence do you believe it will function if I put in this old code into windows establishment on my present install?
Old 18-05-2011

Re: Activate Windows 7 using old key with an upgrade

First of all I want to tell you that I really didn?t get what you have just posted there but I think that this could be like this. Consequently, allow me dig up this directly:
  • you obtained Windows 7 Upgrade (from student recommend), which you have installed and utilized.
  • Afterward in occasion, you have upgraded your PC, thus you wanted to re-install Windows 7.
  • You executed a fresh install by the use of Windows 7 Upgrade, and currently it can't set in motion.
If the above told things are correct then there is an easy solution for this issue. you don?t need to worry about it. Just search on Microsoft support site.
Old 18-05-2011

PC producers, for example Dell, are transporting a Windows 7 Upgrade CD as well as license. An Upgrade authorization can barely be utilized if an eligible Windows operating system is essentially installed on top of the hard drive partition you hope to upgrade toward Windows 7. If you have reformatted your Hard disk drive and booted from Windows 7 Upgrade CD/DVD in order to install Windows 7, in that case you cannot make use of the Windows 7 Upgrade license, you would require a complete edition license seeing as the Windows 7 upgrade authorization fulfillment confirm for a eligible Windows license cannot be completed.
Old 18-05-2011

On condition that neither the Windows 7 Home Premium nor the Windows 7 Ultimate licenses are no further in exercise on top of that system, yes it can be moveable to an additional PC. You might require reactivating the Windows 7 Home Premium through phone however: In order to Activate Windows 7 physically:
  • Go to Start, and inside the Search box type : slui.exe 4
  • Push ENTER on top of your Keyboard
  • Choose the Country.
  • Pick the Phone Activation preference, and keep hold for a genuine individual.
Old 18-05-2011

Is that Windows license a retail (and consequently migratable) license? If so in that case you can legally/officially migrate the upgrade license toward a fresh computer afterward. While you carry out a license upgrade, the consequential installation takes over the lawful compulsions pertaining to the eligible license utilized to succeed your upgrade. If the Windows license you encompass is an OEM preinstalled otherwise an OEM System Builder license, after that it and the Windows 7 upgrade is united to the system it was foremost installed and made active.
Old 19-05-2011

There is no sensible method to stop you from making use of the upgrade on a fresh computer in the upcoming, if you really have upgraded from an OEM license. You would be capable to, in a sensible wisdom, install and make use of a completely outfitted Windows 7 installation. However the technalities of the authorized concurrences concerned would deliver it (officially) an installation which was not legally certified.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,