Thread: Ubuntu 11.04 released by canonical

Ubuntu 11.04 released by canonical

I am having a higher configuration PC at home. I often play high graphic games in it. I make use of it for various purposes such as surfing, gaming and many more. The operating system that I use is Windows 7. I am quite satisfied with it. Yesterday I heard about the release of Ubuntu 11.04 version. This version was released by Canonical. I don’t have much information about the new Ubuntu version. I am very eager to know information about this. Is anyone aware about this release? If yes then please do inform me .please do the needful if you can.

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 released by canonical

I am aware about the release of Ubuntu’s new version. I will definitely share information about this release as much as I know. Canonical has announced Ubuntu 11.04. It has been codenamed as Natty Narwhal. The company says that the new version continues Ubuntu’s proud tradition of integrating the most recent and maximum open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution. You can easily download Ubuntu 11.04 directly in three flavors: Ubuntu 32-bit, Ubuntu 64-bit, and Ubuntu Server.

I certainly like to keep information about such new release. The information that you need will be definitely provided to you by me. I will definitely share all information related to this new release with you. Ubuntu 11.04 introduced a new desktop shell called Unity, which is the conclusion of two years design and engineering attempt by Canonical and the Ubuntu community. For PC users, Ubuntu 11.04 supports laptops, desktops, and Net books, overriding Ubuntu Net book Edition for all PC net books. Ubuntu Server 11.04 makes it much easier to provision servers and reduce power consumption while Ubuntu Server 11.04 for UEC and EC2 has a new kernel and improved initialization and configuration options.

Ubuntu 11.04 is the first version of Ubuntu to reflect a number of essential changes from the previous version. There have been many modifications in the Default application selection in the upcoming Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal from Ubuntu 10.10. Here are some new features of it: Unity has been established as a default for Ubuntu 11.04 – desktop edition, the desktop version will use the global menu i.e. app menu. Libre office will definitely be included in next version of Ubuntu if it’s prepared. Firefox 4 is still favored over chrome as the default browser in Ubuntu. Chrome still poses too many challenges for Ubuntu i.e. the release cycle doesn’t fit well with Ubuntu Update model and also there are issues with the Global Menu integrations and so on. The decision to restore Evolution with Thunderbird in Ubuntu has been deferred. These are the information that I know about the new release of Ubuntu 11.04 version.

The issue that you have posted is quite interesting. But I am not aware about the new version of Ubuntu that has been released. The reason for this is that I don’t use Ubuntu Netbook edition on my netbook because of the unity interface. For me it just seems like it requires a bit of effort to get a couple odd errors worked out. So the information for which you are searching is totally new to me. I won’t be able to provide the necessary suggestions that you require. I will try to get the information if I can. If I am successful I will definitely inform you about it.

Your post is quite interesting. I have information related to this topic. The information is not much but I think it can help you a lot. Ubuntu 11.04 also known Natty Narwhal alpha is planned to be released on December 2nd.Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal has ISO files are available to be download. If you have decided to install it don’t directly install it in your PC. Before installing you can test it in Virtual Box. Ubuntu 11.04 alpha 1 is finally accessible for the public. It has many new features which we have seen in the previous post. It still has a long way to go until the final release. These are information that I know about Ubuntu 11.04.