Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error 19160, while playing the video on my mac

Operating Systems

Old 14-05-2011

Error 19160, while playing the video on my mac

Hi, I have a apple?s notebook at my place, and it is really a very good laptop I ever seen, but when it comes to video?s it just give me error, like can?t play the video. When I was trying to access the videos from the through my college?s site. I am using the safari for browsing, but when I try to view the videos from the you tube it play it very well, then what will be the problem in that video? What shall I do next to play the video as it is too important to me. Any suggestion ?

Old 14-05-2011

Re: Error 19160, while playing the video on my mac

Well , I was having the same problem once, but at that time I was not able to play the videos on you tube also, and I almost try lots of thing to play videos. And after that I come to know about the problem it was too silly, I was not having the appropriate plugging that is needed for the browser to play the videos, you I would suggest you to download those plugging first and then try to play that video.
Old 14-05-2011

You can have many more solution to this, like which kind of error did you get, you haven?t mentioned that my friend, but as you told you can play the videos on you tube, you should try to use another browser, as far as I know safari is best from the apple, but I always use to prefer Mozilla fire fox, for surfing the internet as well as playing the videos, I would suggest you to use that browser, I hope you won?t get the same error.
Old 14-05-2011

See, sometimes it happens like when we try to open them through the browser it can?t run properly, so I want to ask you that have you ever try to download it? Because after downing, won?t have to bother about the browser configuration, as you can simply play the videos in the normal players only. Or it might be possible that, the problem is in that video itself, so I would say first try to download it, I am sure you can play the video.
Old 14-05-2011

If You are using the older version of the browser you may get some error relating the compatibility, I would suggest you to download the latest update for your safari, and still if the problem persist, you can try to uninstall it and then try to install it again, or you can download it too, and run in the media player provided by the operating system, I would suggest you to use the quick player as support almost each kind of videos which has a different extension.
Old 17-05-2011

As you have mentioned that you can play the videos from the you tube but not from your college?s website, let me tell you that you tube supports only videos with the extension. FLV, which are light to load, I mean to say they can?t take that much bandwidth, and the video which there on your college?s site, might have in some another format, in some High definition, so if you are using the slow internet connection, you can first download it and then play it, because according to me if you don?t have the faster connection you won?t be able to play the video directly.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,