Thread: Can't join computer to domain after PDC crash

sad Can't join computer to domain after PDC crash

I had a catastrophic failure of a PDC emulator (server01.landenhousecomputing.com). I was able to move the FSMO roles to another DC (seize) (exchange.landenhousecomputing.com). I removed references to server01 from AD Sites Services. I repointed (AD Integrated) DNS to exchange.landenhousecomputing.com. Rebooted multiple times. Since the crash, though,
    * No one can connect to Exchange email
    * I can't join a machine to the domain
    * I can't DCPromo server01's replacement
    * If I try to add a reverse lookup zone (AD integrated) for a different subnet, I get the following error:
    The zone cannot be created. There was a server failure.

I receive a variety of event log errors (please see the attached).
    Also attached are results of DCDIAG.txt, NETDIAG.txt, and a copy of the netlogon.dns (NetLogonDotDNS.txt)
    files.

Most of the online help suggests I had tried to do a domain rename. I haven't. Ever.

The exchange server itself is fully functional - it sends and receives (Exch 2003 SP2), and I can connect locally or remotely using webmail. ANY ideas on where to go (besides a hot place) would help.

Re: Can't join computer to domain after PDC crash

If all machines are you using the old DC as a DNS server? Ensure your DHCP choice 006. If using WINS and WINS is installed on top of the old DC, changes, also within the option 046. Is the current DC a GC? If not, and if you have only one domain, all developing countries are recommended for GC. This could be part of the problem. This is important for the exchange and, above all if installed on top of a domain controller, and provides logon and additional AD functions. Once you make any changes, restart the domain controllers.