Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Grayed OUT ICONS IN PROGRAM FILES

Operating Systems

Old 14-05-2011

Grayed OUT ICONS IN PROGRAM FILES

I have installed Windows XP on my system and last night I found several trojan in my pc. So I removed all of that trojan from my computer with the installed antivirus software in my computer. But after that the entire program on the Start icon is misplaced and I cannot see any program there. The desktop icon and document and pictures are also missing but after restart I can see the desktop icon but all of those are grayed out? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Old 14-05-2011

Re: Grayed OUT ICONS IN PROGRAM FILES

In your Windows operating system, if you are running any of the scan files that you use then make sure to right click the file and then choose Run as administrator to start the scan or tool. Also, try to ensure that you have a proper view of files there, so try to make sure that you can view Hidden files and also uncheck the "Hide Extensions for Known File Types" options for better results.
Old 14-05-2011

Re: Grayed OUT ICONS IN PROGRAM FILES

Download a tool called RSIT from the below attachment and extract it and then click on RSIT.exe to open it and then click on Continue button. If this tool downloads HijackThis then let it install it in your computer. It will also make a second log, info.txt, that will be minimized to your taskbar, you need to post those results here. If you get any errors at the time of scanning with RSIT then click ok but still check if the C:\rsit\log.txt was created or not.
Attached Files
File Type: rar RSIT.rar (317.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 14-05-2011

It might be also possible that the file association could be corrupted, so try to reset it and see if that works. To do this, click on Start and then click on Default Programs. Now click on Associate a file type or protocol with program and then click the file extension and check if it is properly set to open with the program that you want to use. If it is not set properly, then hightlight the same file extension and then click the Change program button. Now see to it if the program is listed in the Recommended Program or Other Programs, if not then choose any of the program and click ok. If it is not then click on browse button to find the correct program and click ok.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,