Thread: How to delete Linux without deleting WindowsXP

How to delete Linux without deleting WindowsXP

I am using Compaq laptop and I have bought this laptop before nine month. First I was using windows Xp in my laptop after that I have decided to install the Linux in my laptop. After that I tried to install it my laptop. But while installing it get one expected error and then installation failed. After that when I restart the laptop from that time my windows xp is not working properly and I am not able to use it. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop please help me.

re: How to delete Linux without deleting WindowsXP

I have read your problem and after that searched on the internet about this kind of problem. If you are not able to use the windows xp after trying to install the windows xp in your laptop then I suggest you to first install the Linux again in your system by properly working disk. After that take the backup of all the data from windows xp drive and format it and then reinstall the windows xp. I hope this trick will help you to solve this problem. If you find any difficulties after that then please let me know.

I have tried to find the solution for your problem and after trying so many things I have found one solution. According to me you should try to open the windows xp from safe mode. If you are able to open the windows xp from the safe mode then I suggest you to delete all the temporary files from your windows xp drive and also delete the all the data from the drive in which you have tried to install the Linux. After doing that restart the laptop. I hope after doing that you will not face this problem again.

If you are facing this problem even after trying to run windows xp from the safe mode then I think you should insert the windows xp cd bootable cd in your laptop and after that try to install the windows Xp from the recovery console. After doing that you will be able to run the windows xp properly in your laptop. After that if you want to install the Linux then install the Linux with properly working Disk. This will solve your problem and you will not face any problem after that.

I have read your solution and try to install the windows xp from the recovery console but it didn’t make any difference for me. After that I have also tired to open the windows xp from the safe mode but I am not able to open the windows xp from the safe mode. Now I am very confused what to do with this problem. If anyone has any more idea regarding this then please help me I can solve this problem. Please reply me as soon as possible.

As you have mentioned all the problems according to that there may ba problem with your hard disk connection. If you not able to load windows XP then disconnect your hard disk from your system after that connect your hard disk with some other computer and then check whether it is detecting or not? If it is not detecting then relocate the drive by going it in to the disk management. By doing this steps you can relocate your hard disk. I think this will fix your issue.