Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to copy system.sav file

Operating Systems

Old 14-05-2011

Unable to copy system.sav file

Hello to forum members. I am using windows XP home edition on my Dell inspiron laptop. I am just a basic user and have some knowledge of troubleshooting. I was facing a problem of missing file of ??system.sav.?? I tried to reinstall the windows on system. But it runs till copying some files. But after that it restarts. It suggests me to run system recovery console before my formatting. But it didn?t worked so ran reinstalling option. But though it is still missing the file with system.sav. What should I do that may replace the missing or corrupt system file. Suggest a solution.

Old 14-05-2011

Re: Unable to copy system.sav file

Nothing to worry about you problem sir. There are few solutions which I can tell you which I tried when I was facing the same problem on my laptop. Basically windows XP home edition ran failure due to some of its limitations. These limitations are related with its reinstallation procedures. But here is one solution for that is you may be trying to use the faulty CD of windows for installation. So it may be giving problem to copy the system files on your down system. Try to see whether the CD is properly working by running it on any nearby system. Check whether the cd is scratch free of not. If there are some excessive scratches then it may give problems. Try both the solutions which may give you relief.
Old 14-05-2011

The person above has given you some suggestions which may run in some possibilities. But it is necessary for you to try some other possibilities as well. Try these: -
Rename: -
%windir%\system32\config\system.sav file
to
%windir%\system32\config\system.zzz
then copy
%windir%\repair\system file
on the directory name: - %windir%\system32\config\ this will fix your problem.
Old 14-05-2011

Sir I think you ?re making mistake while giving this solution. I think you?re more confident while giving this solution. But this is not going to solve his problem fully at all. I think you should try using my kind of solution. I will suggest you to try doing repairing console. Which is the best option to replace faulty or missing file. And also check whether the cd is working properly or not. Because if the cd is faulty you can?t even replace the faulty or missing files. Check both the possibilities.
Old 14-05-2011

Guys you are struggling behind these problems just because you are using windows OS which is still using file systems which is really unsecure. Because if the source of the file is corrupted then it may cause the copying of faulty file. So if you use the faulty CD for replacing faulty or missing can also result the same problem again. So don?t use the same cd again for reinstallation. Try some other cd of same OS. And then also try repair console before reinstallation. It will not force you to reinstall. It will be sufficient for doing repairing console.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,