Thread: How to delete all the files from system before reinstalling Windows 7?

How to delete all the files from system before reinstalling Windows 7?

There is some problem with my system actually my antivirus have caught some Trojan and viruses on my system but the antivirus is unable to delete all viruses so i decided to reinstall the Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. But thing is i want to remove all the files so that the virus should be removed completely from my system. So, is there any way by which i can completely kill all the files on my system and then start the re-installation o windows 7?

Re: How to delete all the files from system before reinstalling Windows 7?

There are many ways and easiest of them which I am also using first download a free program killdisk and format the HDD with that application. And this application will blank the HDD completely even if the disk is of size about 1TB. After downloading the application it will give you the option to create a boot disk, create it then boot from it. Then just blank the HDD and start the installation.

Hey dude thanks a lot for posting so quickly, well i have tried the application as you said but i guess it didn’t worked properly. fiest i downloaded the ISO file from the killdisk web site then i burn it on a CD then i started my system from that CD. To be frank i found it bit confusing i selected the option to delete all the files but it didn’t took more than 20 seconds to delete all the files, and my drive is of 500GB so i think there are still some viruses on the disk. please help.

It took around 2 hours on my system to completely blank the disk, but it also depends on the settings yoh have choose on your system and some other factors like your system type and the speed of the system. I guess you have high speed processor that’s why it took only few seconds to delete all the files from the disk.And other thing which can affect it is the type of HDD and the program settings etc.