Thread: Unable to Install Linux (Kubuntu) on aurora m9700

Unable to Install Linux (Kubuntu) on aurora m9700

I have to install kubuntu with my Windows XP resting on my m9700.My difficulty is I cannot install for the reason that it shuts off during the installation process since the CPU is overheating. The strange thing is that this only occurs for the period of installation of Linux. I am able to run things approximating stress Prime 2004 and other CPU stress tests very well for a few minutes without getting anywhere near the CPU overheating. Idle temp in the windows is 39 ° C. Linux idle temperature is 59 ° C and as soon as something used by the CPU temperature rises steadily until the system shuts down. Any Linux users here who can help me?

Re: Unable to Install Linux (Kubuntu) on aurora m9700

Hello thank you for raising this question. I am facing similar kind of problem with my friends notebook. I cannot install kubuntu on my system because of overheating issue. I try to find it on internet but unable to solve this. I previously tried installing sensors and it perceives the temp sensor however not the fan, I made in no doubt that the fan is essentially running, it is. So what you think what I have to do to accomplish this please suggest your appropriate solution. Thank you.

Same problem with my notebook. I tested knoppix and the whole thing is very well, yet burnK7 runs very well for some time. Subsequently it appears to someway be associated to kubuntu, possibly it doesn't be acquainted with the fans appropriately or somewhat? Or the temperature readings are presently inaccurate? I am not able to understand what the wrong with it is. I am out of ideas now after applying all these settings still no success. Does anyone have any ideas regarding it? I am waiting for your replies thank you.

It sounds similar to one of a couple of probable troubles, complicated to be acquainted with without running on the computer. This is a kernel module not loaded or does not pass the correct options for the boot loader is a l am sensors or what is used today does not load properly, one is that power management is not being configured correctly, I'm sure there are others I cannot think right now. I hope this will clear your some doubt. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your response on my query. I have found that power management on my laptop has a different behavior depending on whether I suspended the laptop or not, before suspending the fan just goes on and the laptop runs hotter, if you suspend and then resume the fan will run more often and keeps the laptop cooler. I have no idea why, but there are others experiencing the same behavior and the time it works. I'm running LMDE (Debian Testing), which works well in all respects.