Thread: Home Network requires Privacy and Security

Home Network requires Privacy and Security

I am looking to expand my home network which includes my family and friends. I am having very good internet practice. I want make more secure my network I want to prevent my network from illegal files sharing and also want to maintain privacy of my network. I don’t have any ideas about this as I am very new to all this things. Please suggest me some solution to solve my problem. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Home Network requires Privacy and Security

According to me first you have to use the firewall and also control for the port which enable it to open the traffic for the both direction. After that you can also restrict the website and user defined traffic by following certain rules. To setting up the restriction rules fir that. And if you have any idea with linux then I suggest you Endian's free edition. Try this solution I hope it will be helpful for your problem. Please reply me about the result. So I can give you more suggestion.

I have read your problem. After analyzing your issue I going to suggest you to consider Linux. I have not forgotten about Windows Small Business Server to monitor a network at work and see the programs that access resources outside of our network (as Utor) and I was able to block if necessary. However, all I was having only router. I was hoping to take this opportunity to increase my education in the field to see what best suits my situation. I think you should try it too.

I have gone through your post. I think you are using old Pentium machine with 2 network interface card. If you have that then I suggest you to try to learn all the stuff. You can learn the stuff by downloading and then installing a firewall. You can download it by clicking here Endian Firewall Community Download. I think after that you will be able to learn everything and it will be very help full to you also. So try this thing. Hopefully you will not find any difficulty after that.

After reading your last post I have done exactly same thing as you have said in your post. I downloaded that tutorial and now I am learning it. This thing is really helping me and I am not facing any difficulty with this. Your ideas really worked for me and now I am able to do so many things which I was not able to earlier. So thank you for suggesting me this tutorial and giving me this download link. I really appreciate your help. Thank you once again.