Thread: Unable to find ndiswrapper update in CentOS

Unable to find ndiswrapper update in CentOS

Hello recently I install ndiswrapper in CentOS and it does not create any issue at the time of installation. When yesterday I try to update this ndiswrapper free software but it goes to the failure and then it shows so many error messages. I don’t know why this happen but I need help to solve this trouble. See, I am not expert in these CentOS and recently start working in this Linux based OS. This ndiswrapper software will help to install windows XP based driver onto the Linux. I used the internal update option but it can’t work. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: Unable to find ndiswrapper update in CentOS

Hey I think you did not update very well and hence this error message occurred. I think the software is corrupted at the time of update operation. Then you need to uninstall this software. It helps to remove the any kind of error or infected file from the system. Then use the correct process to install this ndiswrapper software and immediately update this software using the inbuilt update option. It helps you to solve the trouble.

Hey I also faced the same kind of issue and I don’t understand why this error happens in update operation. Then I read the manual of the software and I found the solution. I use the source link present in the manual and then import the update file onto the referred source link. After importing this updated file I try to use this file for updating the software. It does not create any trouble and it easily updates this software. May be you need to try this solution.

Hey you need to follow the process. I tell you the correct step by step process to update the ndiswrapper software. First install the kernel header into these Centos and then download the current version of the ndiswrapper software. After that you need to build the package and then try to install the current version of the ndiswrapper software. This is the common process and it helpful to update the ndiswrapper software. The command required to execute this process already present in the manual.

Hey I faced the same kind of trouble. Then I follow the process which is mention in the CentOS support site. Then before doing this operation I faced one trouble that is the process says we need to install the kernel header. But I had already created custom kernel. Then I ask this query to the expert and they said me that if you compiled kernel then it automatically install the kernel header. Then I do this and follow the remaining procedure.

Ndiswrapper is a free software driver wrapper that enables the use of Windows XP drivers on CentOS and it helps for the network device connectivity purpose. As per you mentioning you try to update this software and it goes to the failure. I think the connected LAN card of the system will not work very well and hence the system does not support the update operation. Then check the connection of the LAN card and if any trouble present in there then solve that. It helps you to solve the trouble.