Thread: Need help on Lycid Lynx version of ubuntu

Need help on Lycid Lynx version of ubuntu

Hey guys I am planning to install lucid version of Ubuntu in my system. So I wanted to know more information about the Ubuntu lucid 10.04 LTS (Long Term Support. I don’t wish to install it in my computer and then cry and latter feel sorry after installing it in my system. I am planning to download it from the official website of Linux. So please whoever has tried their hands on it, let me know what you think about it. What are the pros and con of Ubuntu 10.04? Your suggestions will be appreciated.

re: Need help on Lycid Lynx version of ubuntu

Ubuntu, one of the popular free operating system, which is Linux based, has released its newest version. It’s version is 10.04 and it is called as Lucid Lynx. This time, as for the 8.04 release in April 2008, an LTS release, that is to say, it has a technical assistance for a period of three years for the desktop version and five for the server version (longer duration for the latter reflecting the constraints engendered an upgrade on a server).

Since its first release, Ubuntu has the distinction of having a theme based on the orange and brown, by default. With Lucid Lynx, Ubuntu is transformed completely; adopting dominant colors are quite dark: black, red, purple, but by subtle lighting effects. Now those icons are the theme monochrome Ubuntu Mono-and key themes are two: Atmosphere (black, default installation) and Radiance (white).

The window buttons are in this new version, placed on the left, but provision that automatically changes the theme (this can be configured more deeply with GConf, the GNOME Configuration Editor). Canonical's goal is to start its operating system in ten seconds (with a fully operational office) on a Dell Mini 10. The Dell Mini 10 is an ultra-portable with a small configuration: a single-processor 1.6 GHz heart and a hard disk type SSD.

In addition, you have on your left the bootchart a single PC to compare the starting time between Karmic Koala, the previous version, and Lucid. With a standard hard drive and a 3 GHz processor, the startup time increases from 1 minute to about 20 seconds, a simple update! Ubuntu 10.04 Aboard the latest version of GNOME, setting the stage for the arrival of GNOME 3. This version, however, fewer features than usual.

Re: Need help on Lycid Lynx version of ubuntu

With Lucid Lynx Ubuntu fits a bit more social networks with Me Menu, replacing the user menu, which had had the options to quit, restart, pause the computer... Here, the menu is divided into two main parts, one of the part is with the usual options and the other part is displaying the profile display image (usually called as Avatar) of the user, a field for micro-blogging (such as Gwibber), the status of instant messaging as well as a link to the account management of Gwibber. It is also supporting sites like MSN, Flickr, Facebook, along with some other accounts.