Thread: How to stop the Sticky Notes in Windows 7

How to stop the Sticky Notes in Windows 7

Friends, I am having the Windows 7 installed on my computer and recently enabled the Windows Sticky Notes. Today, I decided to not to use it. The icon comes into view within the task bar and the notes onscreen till I shut them. I need to discontinue this but cannot do that. If I type "Sticky Notes" within the box in START then it shows me nothing therefore I am not able to get the way to turn it off or delete. Please help me.

re: How to stop the Sticky Notes in Windows 7

When you say that you have “enabled “sticky notes I'm not sure what you mean by that. Sticky notes can be found in the Start menu in All Programs> Accessories. Right click it and choose "Unpin from the taskbar." Close any open note and should not recur unless you select it. If a fresh note comes into view after you reboot then it most likely means is startup programs. If you make out how to make use of "msconfig" see for this beneath startup.

This is for the reason that the file name to StickyNotes is StikyNot.exe. Select the Start and gadgets inside the search box, select 'Display record of Running gadgets. Select' Notes on news record and choose Remove. If it is there then go to Start > All Programs and find a folder named "autostart". Open StikyNot and see if it's there, if it is removed. If you are not there, click Start and type msconfig in the search box and press enter. In the window that opens, click the Automatic startup tab and look down the list of StikyNot or Notes and deselect that.

Are you the admin of the system? I mean that do you have proper rights on the system. All you have to do is to login as the administrator of the system and after that try to disable that. If the problem is due to improper rights then this time it will be disabled without any problem. Try to do this and if that does not help you then reply back and we will give you some other way to do that. I hope that you will be out of the issue soon.

You can run the System File Checker. I think there are corrupt system files. I recommend you run this time. Open a command prompt with elevated privileges. To do this you will have to go to Start > All Programs > Accessories. If you are asked for the administrator password otherwise confirmation, enter the password or select Allow. Please note space after SFC. Type the below command, and after that press ENTER:
    sfc / scannow
    This attempt to fix any corrupted system files. This examination should only take 10 to 15 minutes and provide your system is clean.

Re: How to stop the Sticky Notes in Windows 7

I would like to tell you that nobody supposed to remove files as of System32 except instructed otherwise they make out what they are doing, I also recommend readers of this to not remove things as of your C:\Users\[username]\Appdata folders apart from content within the temp folder. Doing so might cause lots of the applications to not function properly. I know it from my knowledge.